Just purchased the HD100! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 26th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Rodriguez
Hello all!

Just had an inquiry. Ordered the HD100 online, and the interesting thing is, the dealer said I would be getting it next week, which was a shock to me, because I heard the camera isn't shipping until June. Can someone confirm that? Should I not get my hopes up?

Los.
You're in trouble lol And why are you not revealing the vendor's name?
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 06:39 AM   #17
Trustee

Do Not Trust Too Many Resellers

You cannot go wrong with the Big Three:

B & H
EVS
ZGC

Personally, I do not patronize any other store for major purchases.
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
You cannot go wrong with the Big Three:

B & H
EVS
ZGC

Personally, I do not patronize any other store for major purchases.
My thoughts exactly. With such large purchases it is extremely unwise to go with someone else. B&H is like a well oiled machine that wont let you down, and EVS is highly personal (in a good way) when dealing with you (almost feels like a mom and pop store to me...once again, in a good way.) I never ordered from ZGC before, but I have only heard good things about them.
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #19
Major Player

Never heard of EVS or ZGC before. I order from B&H quite often though. They are good, except for their phone customer service I heard is quite rough.
Adam Rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #20
Major Player

I've experienced very reliable service from B&H for several years. Many of my associates also use EVS. Beware of small online shippers that promise the world...What you'll get is a world of problems.
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #21
Major Player

Oh yeah. I only buy from a few select vendors. B&H is my main one for my basic photo needs. Calumet Photo is my one for lighting gear (amazing service). Newegg.com is my computer vendor. And Midwest Media Group is my vendor for the big stuff.

I bought something online a long time ago and the company went out of business. It was then that I learned not to buy the cheapest thing out there.
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rench
I've already been in contact with the JVC sales manager and he did confirm that it will be shipping in July. Also he recommended Full Compass as the place to order it from at least in the midwest. I contacted Full Compass and the sales rep hadn't even heard of the camera (I think that full compass is more geared towards audio). The sales rep was extremely nice and said that as of right now, he can't give me any pricing except for the list which is $6295, but of course that's not going to be the sale price.
This past year I bought a shotgun mic from Full Compass. Their customer service was excellent and the product arrived on time. They don't necessarily specialize in video equipment, but they are reputable and professional.
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #23
Wrangler

Please everyone... before this thread heads off in the wrong direction... I know we all have opinions on the best places to buy stuff. But just remember that the DVinfo sponsors make this site possible, and they have been hand picked because of the prices and service. Whenever possible please show your appreciation by giving them your business; you won't be disappointed. You'll find the full list here: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:02 AM   #24
Major Player

hey, that's great! I didn't even know about that part of the dvinfo.net site. I'll surely check them out.
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #25
Major Player

I think this new boot just wanted your attention... And apparently he got more than he deserved.
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #26
Trustee

Amen. Make sure you read the thread which talks about all the sneaky, nefarious ways some of these dealers use to rip you off when selling you "grey market" equipment and such
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #27
Major Player

Just got an e-mail from the dealer apologizing for the mistake of his sales person, told me the camera wouldn't show up until July, just as we had heard. He did say we were pretty much the first one to purchase it from him though. So now we can breathe again haha.

By the way we purchased it from Armatos.

Take care all, I'm gonna go PARTY for my birthday!!! :)

Los.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #28
Major Player

By the way, thanks for calling me new boot, its much appreciated, sure I'm new around here, but I think your wording is uncalled for, "Regular Crew."

Los.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #29
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for the update, Carlos!

Glad to hear that the dealer called you back, sounds like it's going to work out for you.

We use the terms "new boot" and "regular crew," etc. only as a reflection of the number of posts a person has made to our message board. It certainly isn't meant to reflect your real-world experience and skills. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #30
Major Player

Chris is right, it's nothing to do with your personal skills or anything...

No need to get all sensitive on us - but you can call me 'Regular Crew' any time you want, I'm quite happy with that. :)

As to your 'shopping adventure' with Armatos... Well, we'll have to take your word for it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems