Saying goodbye, it was a great run at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 30th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Saying goodbye, it was a great run

As many of you know, I have talked on this thread for a few years now. I am sad to say I will most likely not stop by much due to selling my last JVC camera.

For anyone who is looking to get to the next step up from their other fixed lens cameras, these are by far the best cameras on the market for their price. Used, you can get them for a fraction of what you would a little while ago.

You guys have been a great help, and I have loved discussing the HDxxx series cameras with you. Keep on shooting great footage, a few of my production buddies still have HD250's but I have left the HDV world for good.

You will find me on the Panasonic sites more, and the 2k and UHD threads as well as for that's what I'm shooting lately.

Happy Holidays!

Giuseppe Pugliese
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Pugliese View Post

For anyone who is looking to get to the next step up from their other fixed lens cameras, these are by far the best cameras on the market for their price. Used, you can get them for a fraction of what you would a little while ago.

Giuseppe Pugliese
I agree, these cameras kick serious butt. It's the best kept secret out there selling for a crazy low price. You've really got to get in to an EX1 or better to get beyond the image this camera produces. HVX? Forgettaboutit.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

enjoy!

Good luck with the new camera in the future, Giuseppe - and thanks for your contributions here over the years; they've all been part of the amazing support experience of the DVinfo forums.

Best wishes and happy new year

Rob Adams
Robert Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for all the postings Giusseppe. This forum has been a HUGE resource for HD100 shooters. Even with all it's quirks it's a great looking camera. I'm holding on to mine but it's not getting as much use now that I've got my Canon 7D.

Just curious, what cam did you end up grabbing?
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:03 AM   #5
Major Player

the HPX500 is now one of my main cameras that replaced what the JVC was doing. I have to say I really do miss the paolo wide settings I have used for years on the JVC...

Hey Paolo, any chance you could match that in the panasonic 500?? that would be wonderful. I got so used to his settings I dont want to shoot in any other way. I love the look and control I used to get with his wide setting, and find the cine V or D on pana too hot with the colors still.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Hey Giuseppe.
I can repeat the TrueColor setup for any camera that has adjustable controls at least at the level of the HD-100. In some cases the results vary, like for the HD-200, but the process is well defined. The main issue is: "how do I get the camera?"
I live in Santa Cruz, SF Bay Area, so if anybody in the area has the camera he/she can contact me via email, phciccone at gmail dot com, and coordinate for drop-off, pick-up. I generally need the camera for abut a week, to count for fitting the calibration in my schedule and to allow me to become a bit familiar with the camera.
Once we get it done I will add the scene file to my website for everybody to use.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #7
Major Player

That would be amazing, I am going to contact a few friends I have out there and see who might be willing to drop off their HPX500 for the week. It truly is the best color setup I have ever used.

I will let you know what happens.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Trustee

Cool! Looking forward to it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems