Need a part number - HD250u LCD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 17th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need a part number - HD250u LCD

I'm hoping one of you guys has a service manual or parts list. I shattered the LCD on my HD250 while shooting a movie earlier this summer. It's probably the same LCD in all the HD series cameras.

The replacement process was easy enough to figure out, about 12 screws and a few ribbon cables. What's hard is finding the part number! The numbers on the LCD seem to be meaningless. Web searches bring back nothing. The backlight is good, The PCB is good. Just need the LCD.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try: QLD0378-001
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Rob. That's it. My search even brought up a service manual for the HD100. Might come in handy...

Now, here's the rant...

$260! REALLY?! Come on, JVC. First of all it's a Sony LCD. The part number Rob provided (thanks again, man) is specific to JVC, so you know there's a Sony part number floating around out there. I'd be shocked if this wasn't the same screen used in thousands of gadgets each with there own part number and price point.

Don't misunderstand. I realize that we're not paying for just the sum of all parts. We're also paying for R&D and all the other processes that go into making a good product. But come on, guys! I paid all that when I bought the camera and I was happy to. Great camera. It's served me well over the past 4 years. It was totally worth it... Can't I fix it without paying extra R&D fees?!

Okay... I'm done. Thanks for letting me go off. I feel better now...

Chad

Last edited by Chad Haufschild; September 17th, 2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems