HD Recording not playing on sony deck...how at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1
New Boot

HD Recording not playing on sony deck...how

Dear all

I done some recording on my gy-hd201...on HD for someone but they cannot play the tapes back on their sony deck. I have tried using the camera to capture using my camera and use the adoeb premiere 2.0 but it jitters.....unless i get a hire br-hd50....any ideas
Rana Sodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Trustee

ProHd m2ts will only play back in JVC proHD cameras or their deck. I'm using edius and I use their old mpeg capture module to capture the transport stream.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2.0 requires that you download and install a presets pack to edit the progressive video that JVC records. That's probably why your stuff is playing back jittery. Here's the link:

Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Windows : Editing presets for JVC ProHD HDV cameras

Download and install the presets and you should be able to capture the footage and save it to an external drive for delivery.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Trustee

Chad,

I remember I had this preset before, but I still seem to have bad results. Could be my system during that time. How I got a good capture was to use the Cineform's capture module, forgot its name, that provided problem free captures from my JVC cam, i set it to capture the transport stream not converted to cineform codec avi.

But then, it was an old system I used it on, it could work for him now.

Ted
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Ted,

Truth be told I'm a Cineform user as well. Actually I'm a bit of a kool-aid drinker when it comes to Cineform. Love that product.

When I first purchased my HD250 I did some short projects using PPro 2.0 and the JVC presets editing the native mpegs. Editing performance wasn't great but it was acceptable. I moved to Cineform when I started work on a feature. I've used it for everything since.

Rana,

If you don't have Cineform and just want to capture the footage to get the stuff to the person who needs it, try the presets. They're free and it might solve your problem.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I use edius too- terrific editor, as well as problem free capture.
But...if you just need to get the footage into a file format for editing, worth trying hdvsplit HDVSplit utility for HDV capturing with scene split - HDV capture utility which is a free hdv capture programme. Basic, seems to work ok for capturing 720p, though may not split the scenes.
Good luck
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems