HD100 fixed pattern noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 4th, 2005, 03:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100 fixed pattern noise

Yesterday I tested the Pal HD100... the one I tried as a very high FPN noticeable at 0db, annoying at 9 and very annoying at 18db. (the camera had also 3 faulty pixels noticeable at 9 db). I tried to switch on and off the camera but it didn't clean up (the Sony FX1 does faulty pixel cleanup every time you switch it on).
The FPN is a sort of pattern wich moduls in AM the video signal. On the screen is something like a fabric wich is visible on the uniforms area of the pictures...
Has anyone noticed the same problem?
Matteo
Matteo Ricchetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #2
HDV Cinema

Interesting--Panasonic for years beat up the VX1000 because if FPN. Never bothered me and thousands of others, but with HD it might be far more visible!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems