half color different at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 14th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

half color different

hello and so sorry for my bad language , iam from libya and I have jvc-hd100, I was so interested for this camcorder maybe because this is my first time work with HDV equipment , I cheek JVC camcorder last days and it look have problem in ccds , I don’t know where exactly the image have half color different in vertical screen , and more visible in 18db or 12db special when I close the iris
, I tray to change setup but nothing change , I don't know if I have warranty from JVC and how I can fix and where ? I have big disappoint as I plan to shot film next days in HDV , please any one have same this problem I found this
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=48808
it look same MY problem
Mouayed Zabtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hello Mouayed,

If you bought your camera from an authorized JVC dealer, then you are protected by warranty. You need to contact your dealer immediately and arrange for a camera exchange, or at the very least, a repair.

Can you report the serial number of the camera, please?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

serial number

thank you Chris

I bought the camcorder from Paris France from store agent for JVC , this is serial number for my camcorder
SC46171H-001
Mouayed Zabtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Hi Mouayed,

The situation you're describing shows up a lot more under gain than not (for example, if you use 18db of gain, it's very easy to see the split-screen effect, but it is not easy to see it at 0dB of gain). I've seen it on footage from a couple of different HD100s. Here's a link where someone posted footage, and they make mention of the split-screen effect near the bottom of the page.

http://www.gpjco.tv/~dvdoctor/

It gets discussed in a thread on another forum: http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthrea...529#post225529

In that thread they show a picture that clearly shows the split-screen effect.

A little ways down there's a post from the moderator that says "we know what causes it and so do JVC. It should be fixable in factory setup."

So you may want to talk to your reseller and ask them about this. They should be able to fix it.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #5
New Boot

I have the same problem. I sent JVC some grabs and they said to send it for revision in Germany. I will give them on friday and they should give it back on monday (doesn't seem like a big thing). They also said that the split screen effect is due to the way the progressive CCD works and that under 18db it will be visible no matter what they do to tune the system. I think it's a strange way of saying that they missed something somewhere and that I will have to live with it. Anyway, I never use 18db so that won't be a problem.
Mathieu Bergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
that under 18db it will be visible
Mathieu, I hope you mean "while set at 18db."

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #7
New Boot

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. And that last statement is from JVC Germany talking through JVC Belgium talking through my dealer. There might be some misunderstanding... I'll see it next monday when my camera comes back.
Mathieu Bergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks to Mathieu and barry and oforce Chris

I was read your replies and that give to me more comfort because that mean its not problem for one unit I think this problem for most JVC hd100 camcorder , and I don't know if I have to call jvc right now, I will see what they will say to Mathieu and if I have to send it to Japan I will do , and hopefully the fix will be available as a firmware update via the SD card.
Please Mathieu tell us what will JVC say .
Mouayed Zabtia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems