AB QR HDV plate and HD100 - screwed! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 30th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Major Player

AB QR HDV plate and HD100 - screwed!

So I always assumed when I first attached my Anton Bauer battery mount to the back of my camera and one of the screws that hold it in place wouldn't tighten that I'd stripped that screw. I didn't want to break the other screw and not be able to use my AB batts, so I left well enough alone and haven't really had issues (not that I haven't thought about them nervously from time to time). Recently I decided to take the plate off and find some fix for the issue, only to discover that the screw had NOT stripped the hole!!!

My question is, does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the QR HDV 7/14 to mount STABLY on their HD100? Apparently everything works just fine except that the plate screws are too short!

Thx for the help!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: AB QR HDV plate and HD100 - screwed!

Can't say I've ever had a problem with the mounting in 7 different cameras. Have you talked to AB support about it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems