First Impressions with JVC HD100U - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 26th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #16
Major Player

"The ability to have nearly equal light transmission (T-stop) over the whole range is someting I find so many folks don't consider."

Absolutely agree, hence why I brought it up again.

"By the way, folks might be surprised who JVC buys the CCDs from."

Is it Sony? I am pretty sure JVC buys the CCD blocks for the DV500/DV5000/DV5100 from Sony (the same half in block that went in the DSR350).
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:01 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
He's from Canada, Nate. Us US'ers still have to wait...
Naw, I was just kiddin'
Nate Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #18
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Barwood
"Is it Sony? I am pretty sure JVC buys the CCD blocks for the DV500/DV5000/DV5100 from Sony (the same half in block that went in the DSR350).
It seems that Sony and JVC have an interesting relationship. They compete--yet they seem to work together. You'll note that JVC calls 1394 i.LINK which is Sony's name. They do HDV together. And yes, Sony has sold JVC CCD blocks from the days of the 500.

This relationship works well for semiconductors. Typically it can take a year to ramp up volume production. Sony needs so many on day 1 that it is better to sell the small amounts to JVC.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems