JVC GY-HD 100 Firewire repair at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Trustee

JVC GY-HD 100 Firewire repair

Anyone got their Firewire fixed LATELY? It used to cost like $1,500 through JVC are there cheaper options now?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: JVC GY-HD 100 Firewire repair

a second hand camera?
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Trustee

My old GY-HD-100 I blew the firewire port. then I sold it (with the understanding that it was blown) after 2 1/2 years they couldnt pay for it so I got it back. Weird huh? So since I have it I guess i'll use it.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:44 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Randy,
I don't know what it would cost to fix but it would seem to me that unless it were pretty much under $100 it wouldn't be worth the cost. If you're using it for a deck for a few hundred why not pick up a small palmcorder to use as a deck instead. Something like the HV20, 30, or 40. If you need the FW fixed for a firestore connection well, I'm still not sure I could justify the cost but why not contact a couple of repair facilities including JVC and get some sort of price on the repair so you know what it is and can make a good decision based on facts. Should I or shouldn't I or should I get a palmcorder that can handle my JVC HDV tapes?
Flip a coin!!! I know what I would do.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Trustee

The HV-20 will playback JVCs HD tape?!?!? I didnt know that will it hand 720p 30?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Randy,
I'm not 100% sure if the HV series will handle the JVC format, just using that as an example. It just seems to me that the repair for the FW on the HD100 would be a lot more than picking a small palmcorder of some kind that will handle the tapes from the JVC. Just doing some brainstorming. but I think if you search thru the JVC forum or maybe the HV forum you might find an answer as to whether or not the HV series would handle the JVC tapes.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Trustee

oh ok from what I have found out in the past was only JVC cameras would play JVC HD tapes. Some decks or cameras would play them only through the analog out. leaving me a few options 1.get my camera fixed 2. buy a deck or 3. use the componet out and use my BM card with so scene file.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems