Time Lapse Recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Time Lapse Recording

I am looking to do a 16 hour time lapse shot with my HD100. I can't find anywhere about how to automate this process or put one together. What are the options I have? Note I am VERY naive with editing techniques so far... so I'm just trying to get a feel of what I can do (if anything) with this camera in terms of time lapse photography.
Doug Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Doug,

There is no intervalometer function on any HDV camcorder that I'm aware of. This is best accomplished through the use of an external hard disk recorder such as the FS-4. The pro version has an intervalometer built in. Nice to hear from an HD100 owner in nearby Austin!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Contributor

Does DVRack support a timelapse function? If it did that would work. Scenalyser Live is the other capture software out there but it hasn't been modified for HDV yet.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #4
Wrangler

For mac users, BTV Pro does timelapse capture. However, I'm not sure if it works with HDV yet.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems