Globalmediapro batteries?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 28th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Globalmediapro batteries??

Looking a new battery solution for my HD100, been shopping around and just wanted to know what the globalmediapro batteries would be like compared to IDX/Anton products? I know there is a bit of a price difference and properly the IDX or anton products are better and last longer but if anyone has any comments on them I would like to here them.

Also would it be possible to use a globalmediapro charger with say a IDX/Anton battery?
Sean Livingstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Don't know about that outfit, but our sponsor VariZoom is also in the battery business these days: http://www.varizoom.com/battery/products.html -- I might be able to arrange a test drive if one of our U.S.-based HD100 owners wants to write up a review for DV Info.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Major Player

I have a collegue who has some of the GM batteries and he swears by them. I tells me they are rebadged Sony GL batteries. He works in a Pro AV suppiler so can get other brands quite cheap for himself but he still imported the GM Vmount. I doubt the IDX or AB batteries are any higher quality, just have more mark up like branded Sony's do.

I had a IDX Vmount charger (and now have a SWIT charger) and both charged Sony and SWIT batteries no problems, I'd have no concern buying a GM battery. My collegue has a Sony charger.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just what I wanted to here, think I well order some of them. So my undering standing of v-mount is that you can use any battery with any charger etc etc. is that right?

So if I but GMP changer I could use it to charge IDX batteries is that right?
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #5
Major Player

Just checked out the VariZoom VMount on B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Interesting to note this is exactly the same model number, shape, size and except for the logo the sticker looks the same as my SWIT battery.

Looks like the Varizoom are either a rebadged SWIT, or if SWIT don't make them they are rebadging the same battery as SWIT.

http://www.swit-battery.com/new/engl...=2004829204324

The Varizoom charger is identical to my SWIT charger as well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...Type=accessory
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #6
Major Player

I believe what you are saying is true, and that is the way I work. My next VMount battery purchase will be a GM, and if I wanted to buy a GM VMount charger I would without worrying about compatibility charging other brand batteries.
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:02 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Does anyknow of anyplace in austrlia that sell VariZoom?
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #8
Major Player

In Australia TasmanAV sell SWIT which it appears is the same product anyway.

If you meant Austria I clearly wouldn't know ;)
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Don't know about that outfit, but our sponsor VariZoom is also in the battery business these days: http://www.varizoom.com/battery/products.html -- I might be able to arrange a test drive if one of our U.S.-based HD100 owners wants to write up a review for DV Info.
Chris,
I would be happy to write a review....I have been looking for a better solution.
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

I appreciate your offer, Greg -- our moderators always get the option of first refusal on articles for review, but I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems