tapeless with the FS-H200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 24th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

tapeless with the FS-H200

I'm back to using my JVC GY-Hdv110 after a dry spell and looking for the poor man's way to go tapeless.

I see from an entry a few years back that someone suggested the FS-H200 and I see that B&H sells this item for $495.

Is this still a good option for my camera? And I'm having trouble understanding how it works. Does it connect through my camera's firewire port and onto an SD card? And do I need to purchase a special mount for this or can this device clip onto my belt without me buying anything else other than SD cards?

I much appreciate this forum and the helpful people who frequent it.
Thanks
Chuck
Chuck Anschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: tapeless with the FS-H200

Chuck I recently bought an HD111E and it came with a hard disk recorder. I have replaced the hard drive with an SD card to give me a solid state solution. The work is detailed here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ml#post1833776

Yes, the recorder connected with the Firewire port. Depending on the device, it may come with some mounting option. The FS-200 may possibly be light enough to velcro onto your camera? Clipping the device onto your belt will require a longer firewire cable and may place undue strain on the camera firewire port. See the above thread for comments on that by Bob Hart and others.
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: tapeless with the FS-H200

Helpful, Tim, thanks.
Chuck Anschutz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems