First Job with the JVC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dessel
I'm located in NYC. Guy I appreciate your suggestion with regards to setting up a web site. Right now I wouldn't have the time to do that. I will share the settings with you sometime next week when I get the chance. I'll also try to post a still from the commercial's set-up which I was able to spool off on HDV.

But what I did with the menus was basically this:

I hooked the camera up to a high def monitor and played with all of the settings until the picture looked the way I wanted it to. I suggest taking notes on settings that you like while clicking through the menus. This took about 2 hours with the camera locked off on the same set-up. In doing this, you will learn where the camera is strong and weak in its interpretation of light and color. Once you know your palette, you can make choices. What's exciting is there is still much more to explore with all the settings on this rig.

-Dave Dessel
Hi Dave,

Have you found that what you see in the monitor is actually what is recorded and eventually shown on the computer o TV? If not, how close is what you see in the monitor to the final footage? Obviosuly with film what you see in the monitor is no where near what you will finally see. i am just wondering about HDV and especially the HD100U. You really encourage me with tat camera.

Too bad you're in NYC. I could have used someone like yourself on my shoot =)
Brian Duke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems