JVC/Fuji Wide Eye FOV Comparisons - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 31st, 2005, 05:05 AM   #16
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Really? I made it an asterisk because I figured a "." would screw up the windows guys. I've been a mac guy for over 10 years, so I take alot for granted. I've made it "-" and re-uploaded.
Tim the asterisk is a wildcard in windows filenames - bit of a throwback to MS-DOS days, but still it makes for a powerful search function. Don't use question marks either because they are a wildcard for a single letter.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:12 AM   #17
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
Tim, does it have any influence on CAs?
I have the adapter as well, and I could still see CA in the normal areas. Not really a qualitative test, just straight observation.

If you're asking if it gets worse, it didn't seem objectionable in my shoot, but anytime you add extra glass to the optical path you risk making lens errors worse.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:30 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
From my dealer. He got one in last week and I decided I might as well buy it since the 13x doesn't seem readily available.
Tim, who is your dealer? I'm from Windsor, ON Canada

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 12:53 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
Tim, who is your dealer? I'm from Windsor, ON Canada

Laszlo
Peter Bauce at Hamilton Video and Sound. http://www.hvs.on.ca

It would still be a 4 hour drive for you from Windsor to Hamilton to pick up gear, but worth it for the excellent customer service. Besides, I think they are the only JVC dealer in Ontario outside of Toronto.
Are there any dealers in Detroit? Would you be eligible for warranty if you bought a U.S. camera?
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:07 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Peter Bauce at Hamilton Video and Sound. http://www.hvs.on.ca

It would still be a 4 hour drive for you from Windsor to Hamilton to pick up gear, but worth it for the excellent customer service. Besides, I think they are the only JVC dealer in Ontario outside of Toronto.
Are there any dealers in Detroit? Would you be eligible for warranty if you bought a U.S. camera?
Thanks Tim!

I just read your answer this morning.
Yes, I know Peter really well, I bought all my JVC KY-27 and the 822 series editing gears from him, but back that time the store was called: Photo-Video.
Look like that store is closed, or just changed the name?
If you see him, tell him Hello for me.
I bought the camera from my long time friend Paul Armato from Armato's He give an excellent service too.

BTW: how much is this lens?

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Review of WCV-82SC Wide Converter?

Tim-
Have you had a chance yet to write up a review/evaluation of the Fujinon WCV-82SC Wide Converter that you got for your 16x lens? I'm interrested in what your opinion is. Century/Sneider is apparently working on one also, but having problems making it to their specs and it seems that it's still a ways off. Thanks.

Tom Valens
Tom Valens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #22
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Valens
Tim-
Have you had a chance yet to write up a review/evaluation of the Fujinon WCV-82SC Wide Converter that you got for your 16x lens? I'm interrested in what your opinion is. Century/Sneider is apparently working on one also, but having problems making it to their specs and it seems that it's still a ways off. Thanks.

Tom Valens
No not yet. I'm shooting on Monday, and I'll have a chance to test it thoroughly then.

BTW, JVC also makes the WAT-85C 0.7x wide attachment (3.5mm on wide end), and the F-AT85C Fisheye Attachment (2.75mm on wide.) However, these are "clip on" attachments.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems