My BR-HD50 VTR Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #1
Major Player

My BR-HD50 VTR Problems

Today was a real time waster dealing with hardware problems. Namely the JVC BR-HD5O ProHD VTR. We have two of these units for use with our HD100U's . The problems started when deck A was batch capturing some clips into FCPro. These were 720p24 clips being captured through the analog output. After about 4 or 5 clips the deck went into a strange error mode with "playback inhibited" displayed on the screen and "overheating". Then the decks output scrambled and it switched into PAL mode. (50 displayed on the front) The deck had been on for an hour, it was not hot to the touch, nothing to indicate any problem.

After unplugging it and restarting it. I had to switch the system menu back in to NTSC by selecting the 50/60 format. ( A bit hard with PAL on an NTSC monitor) This brought the deck back into NTSC mode after reboot. But from this point on, it would no longer recognize the format of the tape inserted. There is a menu function that allows "native" mode and it switches the output to the proper tape format. This no longer worked. Setting the output format manually works... or seems to. The internal settings seem wacked.

So, I thought, hmmm...bad deck. So I grabbed my second unit, deck B. Plugged it into the system and proceeded to grab some more footage, this time DV footage from another shoot. After 3 or 4 more clips, batch capturing...SAME THING!!!!! SAME EXACT ERROR! and the same symptoms. The deck reporting "overheating" switching into PAL and then flaking out. Now neither deck will detect the tape format even after setting "factory default" in the system menus. Both of these new decks are wacked out. What gives? This is the first time I used the batch capture on clips that were logged in FCPro with the deck. The clips which did capture were fine. Nothing wrong with the tapes ECT. I have no clue. There has to be some problem with the firmware or something.

Dave
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems