Low-Light Stage Play - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 14th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #46
Major Player

yeah, oh well i guess thats all with the fun of shooting these events... one take .
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Maybe I need new glasses but I really don't see anything wrong with the footage in this clip, http://www.cineform.com/video/slomo2.wmv , can someone please explain SSE to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Pugliese
but if you are thinking that from that little photo that’s what the SSE problem is, its much worse looking than that... I have seen lots of footage with the split screen problem, some much worse than others. The split happens at exactly 50% of the screen and is noticeable when you shoot on many different darker situations. It also will happen when you shoot something like a bright light or lit object, with a very dark area in the same shot. There is a post of a shot that you can clearly see the SSE problem posted here... http://www.cineform.com/video/slomo2.wmv ... the split is right around where the wall on the left intersects with the sky on the right(the satilite dish shows the split the best). Straight down the middle you will see the shade difference. (This is also not the best example, but this does show you that it can happen in a "day time" shot.)
David Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Giuseppe & David, Please indicate your source when pointing a direct link from someone's site. This video sequence has a context un-related to the purpose you are using it. These are very early slow-motion test sequences from http://indiefilmlive.blogspot.com -- we don't mind that reference just the wasted bandwidth without any indication of its source. This is an early model camera so the artifact you are looking for is not relevant to today's units. What you should be noticing is that is a 60p over-cranked slow-motion from a camera that is supposed to do only 30p (read more here : http://indiefilmlive.blogspot.com/20...explained.html.)
Old January 20th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #49
New Boot

101 works ok in live

Hi All

I got my 101 here in Western Australia back in November last year. I have used it across a wide range of situations including TVC's, corporate, news and event recording and have not had any issues with it in regards to the SSE.
In regards to the live events, to stay close to this thread, they have all been at our local entertainment centre and have been school graduations, dance school grads and concerts etc.
At all times I am using the camera in full manual mode with blacks compressed at -1, shooting 16:9.
In most cases the stage is lit for the audience so I make sure that as well as wearing headphones for audio monitoring, I also use the theatres talkback system to keep in touch with the lighting director and request when necesary for a little more foreground light...
All of my clients have commented that the quality of their productions are great, previouisly I shot with a Canon XLS1.

regards
Dean
Dean Lomax is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems