Feature film shooting with jvc and mini 35 adaptor/congrats + questions 4 charles - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #31
New Boot

Spoon Test Files Available

Hi All

We've uploaded some files and info from our earlier tests. For the link and info info on the files, please goto:

http://indiefilmlive.blogspot.com/

David we use lightwave 3d, combustion and premiere pro for our cg work. Neill did all the effects on alive on his own - he also uses lightwave but not sure what he's comping and editing on at the moment.

ciao
sharlto copley
Sharlto Copley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #32
Trustee

Shots look nice. Did you use any filtration? It looks considerably softer than what I get with my HD100. Sometimes it looks almost out of focus. Is it part of your look?
Are you also using the F750 in the film?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #33
New Boot

out of focus

hi michael

I did explain in the text on the blog sight that has the footage that the focus is soft because we were still shooting with detail off at this point, hoping to be able to sharpen in post - but to date we have not been able to do this. Our later tests were sharp when we used "detail on" at zero. We didn't use any filters and the footage has not been graded in any way. Both the prime lens and relay lens were wide open which was hairy, but we realised that we actually had enough lighting power to stop down a fraction.

ciao
sharlto
Sharlto Copley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #34
Trustee

Yep, sorry, I missed that and also missed the part you say it was shot with the Mini35, which also softens the image. What was I thinking.
Unlike SD, HD needs some detail enhancement. They use it even in the F900/Cinealta. When you see F900 in movies like Star Wars, it's shot with detail on. HD just benefits from it a great deal. I'm sure the shots with detail on look much sharper.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #35
Trustee

Hi Shartlo,

Any plans to post footage shot with the detail on for the JVC/mini35 combo?

I too found the jvc footage soft for HD so I'd love to see some sharp JVC/mini35 footage. Also be sure to check the mini35 back focus adjustment ring as even a millimeter of adjustment can make a huge difference in your focus.

The 750 footage looks amazing by the way. Have you decided what Spoons will ultimately be shot with yet?
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #36
New Boot

Any news from Spoon shooting ?

Just finish reading Spoon shooting blog and its very interesting... any news from thoses guys recently ? almost 2 months that they didnt update their blog...

want to know more about the JVC, Mini35 and film blowup of their movie test

thanks
Etienne Caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Battery for mini35 - how long does it last?

Hi Guys,

Since a lot of you have been workign with the mini35 on the HD100, can you tell me how long a JVC battery will last on the rig that powers the mini35 only. NOT the camera, just the mini35. Also, if using Canons or Panasonics may be better as my rental dude can swap out the battery mount on the rig to those if needed. I know there are different sizes of batteries even, so if you could let me know the specific batteries you used with model numbers and how long they lasted in a normal shooting day (10 Hours). Thanks,
Miklos Philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM   #38
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos Philips
Hi Guys,
Since a lot of you have been workign with the mini35 on the HD100, can you tell me how long a JVC battery will last on the rig that powers the mini35 only.
Miklos, if you mean the stock battery provided with the camera, then forget it. No way that thing can power the Mini35. You need something like the AB mount with compatible battery. On a recent shoot I worked on we used 2 AB Dionic batteries a day.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM   #39
Trustee

"yawn" - is this post still around? My last post seems ages old... still waiting for mini35 XL2 footage and results from actual film blow up test.

Anyone read of any other threads with some results worth checking out? Still contemplating my mini35/XL2 or getting into HD and mini35.

Thank all
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:20 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Miklos, if you mean the stock battery provided with the camera, then forget it. No way that thing can power the Mini35. You need something like the AB mount with compatible battery. On a recent shoot I worked on we used 2 AB Dionic batteries a day.
and you are of course talking about just the mini35, right Paolo? It seems that the 2 AB Dionics would power the camera for a day - surely the mini35 does not draw that much power.
Miklos Philips is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems