7.4 volt battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:00 AM   #1
Major Player

7.4 volt battery

I recently bought a battery from ebay for my hd100e and when i got it it was a 7.4 volt not a 7.2 which is the stock battery voltage, this happened with my xl1s and i phoned canon and they said i couldn't use it and since ive had no luck getting through to jvc i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i can use this 7.4 volt battery with my hd100e without the extra .2 volts frying something?.

Cheers Andy.
Andy Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Major Player

LiIon cells are a nominal 3.6v, but range from about 4v to 3v throughout their full charge to empty cycle, which means a 7.2v LiIon can vary as much as 8v-6v during its use. Vmount 14.4v batteryies go from about 16v->12v.

Charge up the JVC battery and see what it reads at full charge, I'll be its more than 7.2v.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the .2v, and I think Canon were just scare mongering you into buying more Canon product as well.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Guy, i charged it up and it said 8.0 volts. That means i could have been using my other xl1s battery all this time, thats Canon up to their evil tricks telling me otherwise!

Andy.
Andy Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems