Tim Please Help Me Out Here at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tim Please Help Me Out Here

I got a copy of HDVxDV and installed paid the 80 bucks entered the liscense key, the trial mode ostensibly ended and the watermark disappeared. I captured about 32 seconds worth of footage and then I export it which takes nearly 2 minutes- Is this normal for 30 secs? I'm running a dual 2ghz G5 with about 2 gigs ram... So I export the thing using the AIC and the HDV 720p preset and then I open it up before and after cinema tools and it is distorted and square like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brucem...99.jpg&.src=ph

I then go into cinema tools conform to 23.98 and then I drag in into FCP into the JVC HD100 sequence you recommended(I imitated your customized preset) And I drag the clip in and into the timeline and it distorts near the lower third?!!!!? YIKES! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brucem...4d.jpg&.src=ph

Do you experience this? Where did I go wrong? I thought I followed your instructions to a tee, what's happening here?
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nevermind Tim, I wiped my own azz - I figured it out
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Wrangler

What was the problem? Someone else had this issue and I think it had to do with them using DVCPROHD codec and 960 x720 instead of 1280 x 720.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems