HD100 Shorted Out My Computer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 26th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100 Shorted Out My Computer

Somehow the wonderous HD100 according to apple, shorted out my computer costing me a 100 gig harddrive, midi interface, and a terabyte hard drive with four years of work, after getting a new front panel installed and going through two logic boards, some four weeks later, I've returned to a semblance of normalcy. Starting up good ol' Final Cut "Pro" I go to my JVC HD100 24p sequence preset that mister timothy dashwood outlined in another post and I'm presented with the following error message, mind you I've had the operating system 10.4.4 reinstalled- "Video compressor ICodec was not found. Please check that the hardware is present and enabled for this compressor. Setting the video compressor to Animation" what the hell is this? Please, my life and career has been smashed to the rocks in the past four weeks, all I want to do is EDIT HD100 Footage on my computer, please tell me what this means. Aditionally, I am unable to view clips captured with HDV-DV or whatever it's called, they just show up white in quicktime and don't display video. Other quicktime things work just fine, yes I've reinstalled, yes I've restarted. Please for the love of god, someone help me with this issue.
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Ignore Above - READ HERE

Somehow the wonderous HD100 according to apple, shorted out my computer costing me a 100 gig harddrive, midi interface, and a terabyte hard drive with four years of work, after getting a new front panel installed and going through two logic boards, some four weeks later, I've returned to a semblance of normalcy. Starting up good ol' Final Cut "Pro" I go to my JVC HD100 24p sequence preset that mister timothy dashwood outlined in another post and I'm presented with the following error message, mind you I've had the operating system 10.4.4 reinstalled- "Video compressor ICodec was not found. Please check that the hardware is present and enabled for this compressor. Setting the video compressor to Animation" what the hell is this? Please, my life and career has been smashed to the rocks in the past four weeks, all I want to do is EDIT HD100 Footage on my computer, please tell me what this means. Aditionally, I am unable to view clips captured with HDV-DV or whatever it's called, they just show up white in quicktime and don't display video. Other quicktime things work just fine, yes I've reinstalled, yes I've restarted. Please for the love of god, someone help me with this issue.

APPLE INTERMEDIATE CODEC -

This codec no longer appears in the codec list in FCP, what has happened in the past four weeks, did apple do away with it? I've done the latest software updater after reinstalling tiger, got the latest quicktime installed, restarted... Where is the codec, how do I get it back? What has happened? I captured the HD100 footage with HDVxDV or whatever and I used cinema tools as per mr. dashwood's instructions to conform to 23.98 using AIC codec and found that all these clips when viewed in quicktime are just white and there is just sound no video, please someone help me with this issue!!!
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Wrangler

You should re-install FCP from the original DVD now that you've reinstalled OS X 10.4.4. Chances are your Quicktime folder in MacintoshHD/System/Library was re-written with the OS X re-install and you lost the "pro" codecs. You should also re-authorize Quicktime Pro with your serial number.

How did the HD100 short out your motherboard and hard drives???? Please let us know so that none of us make the same mistake. You seem to be having a streak of bad luck. My condolences for your loss.
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:55 AM   #4
Wrangler

Bruce,

I just emailed you the AIC codec from Apple. You should be able to just throw it into MacintoshHD/System/Library/Quicktime and then your AIC encoded quicktimes should play back fine.
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Aic Works!

Thanks Tim,

I restarted and the component you sent kicked in! Many thanks. I don't know HOW it shorted out the computer technically, they took all my accesories and external drives including the camera and said that it was the HD100 that did the problem, I'm in the process of exchanging the camera. I wish I could give a word of caution but it's not entirely clear how or why the camera did what it did, it could be because I was using AB Gold Mount with imitation AB batteries, called "Pro-X"... I don't know how but thanks for the codec!
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems