hd100 and firestore...Helpppp?$*! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Major Player

hd100 and firestore...Helpppp?$*!

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there is a special way to set up the camera and firestor? I'm having prob;lems with stnc slave the firestore is not recognising the cameras record button in dv mode and is in hdv mode but it then cuts the scene into 2 clips on the disk? strange and a bit annoying. Any of you more experienced guys got any ideas?

Cheers Greg C

Last edited by Greg Corke; February 17th, 2006 at 10:53 AM. Reason: adding
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The firestore should be in fat32 mode to be compatible with PC's and macs. The fat 32 file system has a hard file size limit of 4 gb. So if your clip is over 20 minutes, it will be split into two (or more) files.

I'm not sure what's going on with the slave record mode, as I'm waiting for the JVC branded firestore before i experiment.
Edwin Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:34 AM   #3
Major Player

going back

Thanks Ed,

I think the verdict is that it is working incorrectly. I thought I had a work around but that's playing up also . It is going back to focus on Monday. Shame as I wanted the dual record feature for my project. I guess these things are meant to test us.

Cheers Greg C
Greg Corke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems