HD questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
I'd like to hear your comments, once you've had a chance to assess the footage. Could you possibly share some of that footage?
My main write-up and some of the footage will be available through the WEVA web site in a couple of weeks or so. Bottom line for me is that functional differences between the cameras are significant, so you need to know what you want from a camera if you're considering any of the latest HD models. The Sonys are a safe choice because they're the most similar to typical SD cameras, and have been in widespread use for well over a year now. The Panasonic is intriguing because of all the options it offers, but using it in HD mode presents some unique cost and workflow challenges. The Canon seems promising but I had trouble with the image quality from it in low light, so I'm not sure what's going on there. The JVC didn't impress me for several reasons, but that's partly a matter of personal preference. Any of these cameras could probably serve well for the right users, and all have some drawbacks. If you're not in a hurry to invest in HD, waiting for more camera choices would probably be a prudent thing to do.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I did go the "safe route" and should be closing a deal on an FX1 in the morning. I believe it very likely will turn out to be the "best" route (for numerous reasons) as well as the safest, for my purposes.

Would I need to join WEVA to be able to read your write up? If I recall correctly, I think the forums there are for members only.

I probably will join WEVA at some point, primarily to be able to put a link to my website there (my website is not published yet).

While I'm thinking of it, I'd like to ask if any wedding video producers here have found a link on WEVA's website to provide them with any significant amount of business? (Is it worth the membership cost?)
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems