X-3 light w/IDX and HD-100 question. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
My HD101 can run for about the same time with LCD and the 12W LEDs light using 88mAh Swit batteries. With a bulb light the IDX batteries can't certainly hold 2 hours.

Diogo!

My batteryies are Switronics, NOT Swit. It's an american battery, not made in China.
Also, you use 88 mAh battery, I use 130 mAh . That make a different.
So, it's work for 2 hrs. Believe me!

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
Diogo!

My batteryies are Switronics, NOT Swit. It's an american battery, not made in China.
Also, you use 88 mAh battery, I use 130 mAh . That make a different.
So, it's work for 2 hrs. Believe me!

Laszlo
Laszlo, you didn't understand me or maybe I didn't put it well. I believe your camera can run for 2 hours, what I said is that mine can run for the same time with inferior batteries because the LEDs consumption is lower. I said IDX batteries can't certainly hold 2 hours, not Swit or Switronix. I think IDX are the batteries Stephen is using, so he should consider a light with less power requirements. I didn't whant to disbelieve you.

I thought Switronix and Swit were the same company. My confusion.

Last edited by Diogo Athouguia; February 25th, 2006 at 10:06 PM.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Varizoom batteries are also american and they are exactly the same as Swit batteries made in china. This doesn't mean Varizoom is better than Swit. I don't know if Switronix is or not a superior brand, China has a lot low quality products but Swit has a good reputation in Europe.

I'm sorry if this wasn't your intention, but from your words it sems that you are depreciating a product just because it isn't american.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
Varizoom batteries are also american and they are exactly the same as Swit batteries made in china. This doesn't mean Varizoom is better than Swit. I don't know if Switronix is or not a superior brand, China has a lot low quality products but Swit has a good reputation in Europe.

I'm sorry if this wasn't your intention, but from your words it sems that you are depreciating a product just because it isn't american.

Wow....

I just tried to explain to you the Swit and the Switronics not a same company. NOTHING about chinees, or american.
My main point was, my battery is 130mAh yours is 88mAh

Sorry, I know sometimes my hugarian-english is little weird.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Sorry, I know sometimes my hugarian-english is little weird.
Don't worry, I'm portuguese and sometimes my english is a mess! :)
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems