IDX Promo? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #46
JVC America

We at JVC are all very sorry for the delays in shipment of the IDX package. I can assure you that JVC is in VERY CLOSE communication with IDX to get them shipped ASAP.

Thanks, Carl
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Thanks, Carl. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for some of those VERY CLOSE communications! I bet they're also some VERY LOUD communications...

Keith
Keith Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #48

FYI, per IDX this morning, the IDX E7S batteries are on back order until next month.
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Then IDX should send everyone model 10's. Boy this company just keeps amazing me. They have no idea what good PR is.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #50
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Then IDX should send everyone model 10's. Boy this company just keeps amazing me. They have no idea what good PR is.
Or they could just give everyone E7 batteries.

If they really are out of batteries until next month, does that mean that we won't get our kits until July?

Starting to get really frustrated.

How much is an AB plate for the HD100?
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #51
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bowey
Hey I am also waiting for a tripod from cartoni now going on two weeks. Why am I wasting time and money on equipment thats not being used?
Joe....should have gone with the Libec system!!!

Dan, TapeWorks received info today that your LS55 is shipping. FedEx tracking 023428463041278 with scheduled delivery 05/16/06
Jason may have emailed you this info already. Also, email Jason concerning pricing/availability on the Anton Bauer solution if you are really interested. Actually, we have a A/B battery and charger here in house we've used for demo purposes that we are trying to get rid of. Once again, contact Jason on this.

I am on the phone with IDX right now and they are saying that IDX is receiving a shipment next week specifically for the JVC promo. This shipment will go directly to JVC and dispersed accordingly. Quote from IDX "We are trying very hard to acquire the product for JVC and our customers. Please take into consideration that the product is manufactured in Japan and then shipped here to the US. Because of the High demand, we are not able to supply in a timely manner, but we are trying extremely hard to acquire the product for everyone concerned."

It seems to me that they did not anticipate the high volume of products to be ordered at one time and are trying everything they can do to correct this issue. Please be patient as all manufacturer's tend to go into BackOrder status with one product or the other. I am used to this on the dealer side of things and can get very frustrated when I have to relay bad news to my customers. Especially when orders get cancelled due to it!

-Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc / HDVinfo Sponser
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #52
Major Player

Maybe all the people who recieved there Idx batteries should donate the old batteries that came with the camera. 20 should surfice my next shoot.
Just kidding, I finally recieved a bag so my camera won't get too dusty while waiting for some juice.
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #53
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Cantrell
Joe....should have gone with the Libec system!!!

Dan, TapeWorks received info today that your LS55 is shipping. FedEx tracking 023428463041278 with scheduled delivery 05/16/06
Jason may have emailed you this info already. Also, email Jason concerning pricing/availability on the Anton Bauer solution if you are really interested. Actually, we have a A/B battery and charger here in house we've used for demo purposes that we are trying to get rid of. Once again, contact Jason on this.

I am on the phone with IDX right now and they are saying that IDX is receiving a shipment next week specifically for the JVC promo. This shipment will go directly to JVC and dispersed accordingly. Quote from IDX "We are trying very hard to acquire the product for JVC and our customers. Please take into consideration that the product is manufactured in Japan and then shipped here to the US. Because of the High demand, we are not able to supply in a timely manner, but we are trying extremely hard to acquire the product for everyone concerned."

It seems to me that they did not anticipate the high volume of products to be ordered at one time and are trying everything they can do to correct this issue. Please be patient as all manufacturer's tend to go into BackOrder status with one product or the other. I am used to this on the dealer side of things and can get very frustrated when I have to relay bad news to my customers. Especially when orders get cancelled due to it!

-Scott Cantrell
Scott,

Thanks for the info. Jason had emailed me about the Libec.

Also thanks for talking to IDX. Hopefully mine will be one of the ones that gets sent to JVC in the next order. I have heard that they still have about 500 orders to fill.

I will call Jason about the AB battery system you have, but I might wait a few weeks and see if it appears.

Thanks,

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #54
Regular Crew

same

Yeah, i've been waiting for my IDX battery kit for 6-7 weeks and no luck. I'm going to give jvc a call if they don't show up by next week. I've been trying to do some projects and the batteries they supply last about 30 min at the most continuously. Lets hope they come in soon
Alan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #55
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

For anyone interested, here is an option until you receive your IDX promo's

Part Number: JVC BNV438U
This battery supply's 7.2v, 3800mAh versus 7.2v, 2800mAh on the BNV428U that shipped with the camera.

Approximate run time with the BNV438U: 45min

I have emailed JVC ordering dept to find out how many are in stock and will provide info as soon as available.

-Scott Cantrell
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bowey
Maybe all the people who recieved there Idx batteries should donate the old batteries that came with the camera.
now thats a good idea :) :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems