Any polished projects that we can view? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any polished projects that we can view?

Hey folks, it's some six months later and I'm just curious to know if any of you guys know of or have created any polished projects that we can view that aren't nate weaver's dirthouse video or bound by non-disclosure legal mumbojumbo? I'd love to see a polished short film or new music video that was shot with this camera, I find it hard to believe that after over a half year, there's still so little viewable content. We all know what the test footage looks like, but what about finished products? I just wanted to reinvigorate this kind of thinking/discussion, so where's da work? Someone please post something, we're all a bit hungry...
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

well....

Bruce why dont you start us off with your footage? ;)
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I've shot nothing with the camera, I'm in a wheelchair, so that sort of thing can be difficult.
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Glen
Bruce why dont you start us off with your footage? ;)
Jon..., you meant 'a polished project' right? :-)
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

BTW nates footage for the music video he produced looks fantastic, any time i need a reminder of how good this camera produces images.....i just look at that, polished and all
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Less-polished live sports work

I'm a little embarassed to show my stuff with all you serious filmmakers, but we have a project at MIT to broadcast sports games with four HD-100s, using some live switching, titling, and compositing software we are developing. Then we output to an ATSC transport stream and broadcast in HDTV over the on-campus cable TV system.

Here are the videos: http://sportcast.mit.edu. The most recent ones are available in streaming MPEG-4, which I recommend unless you want to download 18 GB of ATSC transport stream...

We shoot with 1/60 sec shutter speed with motion smoothing, coming into the software via Firewire. Then we encode back to MPEG-2 with the free libavcodec (used by mencoder, etc.). So here is maybe an indication of how well the camera does with some less-experienced operators and only existing lighting.
Keith Winstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 11:21 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Pretty cool project you guys have going on there.
Tim Gray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems