I've just received a refurbished HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 4th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I've just received a refurbished HD100

My dealer in NY called me to pick up my new Hd100. The box was sealed so i didn't open it there. I did tell him beforehand that i wanted a latest unit because of the SSE problems i've read about the first production runs.
Back home, i opened the box and took out the items for inspection. what i noticed was:
The body has a scratch at the bottom near the lens connection.
One of the two speaker screws is missing.
The instruction booklet is folded and wrinkled.
The battery has scratched terminals.
The lens and VF are perfect - never used.
I said no big deal i can paint the scratch and get a speaker holding screw from JVC.
After charging the battery i checked the hour meter and its 0000.
I would'nt mind any of these if i did'nt have the curse - SSE. Its there at 0db in room lighting, flickering colors on both sides.
I'm not sure i have enough time to go thru another unit without loosing my IDX promo.
Serial # 12050519 ?
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Trustee

You're going to have to return it for another one Chris. Your invoice should still read the original purchase date and you have till the end of this month to get the right one. Or you could contact JVC about it directly in NJ and see what they say about it.

Steve
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You bought a "New" Camera right? There is no reason in the world a dealer should be giving you a new camera that is obviously used.

Simply go back to the dealer and get a NEW one.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
You bought a "New" Camera right? There is no reason in the world a dealer should be giving you a new camera that is obviously used.
Every camera box must be opened at JVC in order to do the QC. It doesn't mean it was used and then the odometer was reset.
Old March 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Every camera box must be opened at JVC in order to do the QC. It doesn't mean it was used and then the odometer was reset.
But that's just it, Tim. The box was sealed and when opened, the contents showed definite signs of having been used due to a scratch, a missing screw, a wrinkked up instruction manual. The dealer may or may not know what was going on, or they simply re-sealed a return from a previous customer and re-sold it as new to avoid having to hassle with returning it to JVC. It should definitely go right back to the dealer. And if the dealer points the finger at JVC, then a call to them would be in order as well.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #6
Major Player

JVC has a 30 day return and replace policy. Under those condistions I would use it.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #7
JVC America

GYHD100 condition

Hi Chris Basmas,

A serial number starting with 120 indicates a camera that was manufactured in July of 2005. JVC has turned our entire GYHD100 inventory over several times since July, so either the dealer had it in stock since July or August, or they bought it later from JVC as a b-stock unit.

If this dealer is an authorized JVC Professional dealer, then they should have no trouble helping you out with an exchange. We do offer a 30 day exchange policy, as someone else mentioned. This can be done either through the dealer or directly with JVC. See this link for the specifics and guidelines on the exchange program:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/support/pepolicy.jsp

As others on this post have said, you should go back to your dealer for satisfaction. If the dealer does not give you satisfaction, then get the JVC District Manager involved.

Regards, Carl
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #8
JVC America

IDX package claim

Chris,

I forgot to mention also that your IDX promo claim should not be a problem. We have a provision internally to deal with exchanged cameras that are invloved in the IDX promo. Your dealer and District Manager can work that out for you.

Regards, Carl
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #9
New Boot

Refurbished versus Returned

It's probably a return, rather than refurbished. I believe that a return can be resold as new if it wasn't returned for a defect, and the warranty/registration was not filled out and sent in (or done on the internet). Normally, if a product is refurbished, it cannot be resold as a new product. That would probably constitute fraud, depending on state definitions.
Max Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Armato's in NY. They placed the order with JVC and a week later they received the package, factory sealed. Every item in the package was factory sealed, so i believe is not his fault. He is a great dealer with great service, he
won me over B&H some time ago. He said my replacement is on its way. I'm hoping for the best.
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #11
Major Player

makes me wonder if the hour meter reads 0000 how many companies that refurbish these cameras are able to roll back the hours on it?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems