Editing Hard? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 13th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing Hard?

How hard is it to edit this on a program such as Vegas?

Also, is that extra Battery pack REALLY needed?
James C Sadeghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Major Player

James,
Can't help you with whether you need the extra battery pack or not, but editing with Vegas is fun though it does take a little commitment to learn (that will be true with any Non-Linear Editing software you use).

I'd recommend that you download either free Vegas trial and give it a spin. There is an entry level product Vegas Studio+DVD Platinum that offers HDV editing or the full version of Vegas that provides many more features. I've not delved into HDV editing yet, but others here have posted many lessons learned in the What happens in Vegas...HDV forum, and you'll learn a lot by reading through those posts.
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, that helped abit, so now I know that a thing called a cineform exists, and that helps alot =).

Still, the battery pack is something I don't know anything about, I believe all it does is last longer right? the original lasts what? 10 minutes? or is that just a rumor online that I read?
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Our JVC battery lasted about... 40 mins? In that neighborhood? The free IDX battery is awesome (in my mind). I'd never want to go back to the dinky batteries after using a professional tool like the IDX batteries. Budget for IDX or Anton Bauer and be happy. We've not run it down yet, but it should be good for 4-5 hours.
Tim Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Gray
Our JVC battery lasted about... 40 mins? In that neighborhood? The free IDX battery is awesome (in my mind). I'd never want to go back to the dinky batteries after using a professional tool like the IDX batteries. Budget for IDX or Anton Bauer and be happy. We've not run it down yet, but it should be good for 4-5 hours.

Only way you can get that battery is through buying the camera through an authorized Panasonic dealer correct?
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Well... authorized JVC dealer. Though I think the offer is over. But... check the top thread in this forum.
Tim Gray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems