Received an IDX kit, or about to? READ!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 27th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #1
Major Player

Received an IDX kit, or about to? READ!!

For those of you who purchased the HD100 with the IDX promo kit, or if you have purchased the IDX stand alone recently you should send in that warranty!

I just got an email today letting me know that since I filled out my IDX warranty information online within 15 days of purchase, I just received an additional year on my warranty (2 years now from the 1). Some of you may think big deal, but if your charger did happen to cr@p out after 14 months I bet you would kick yourself for not doing so.

No I don't work for IDX, it's not a scam to collect all your information, (although a smart tactic by IDX, no doubt), I just thought you might like to gain another year on the warranty like I have.

Note: this looks to be an extension of warranty on the charger only, it said nothing of the battery.

Peace!
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

All right, now that's great news. Thanks for the tip, Daniel!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Good point.
Also, either the charger or first battery we received was faulty...wouldn't take or deliver a charge.
A five minute telephone call and IDX offered to ship a loaner system and immediately emailed us an RMA document to send ours in for repair as soon as the loaner arrives.
I really appreciate that kind of service.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Major Player

Let me share another GREAT customer service experience with IDX; a few years ago I purchased 4 IDX batteries and VL-2 double charger for my previous camera. Unfortunatelly, after 14 months of use 2 of the batteries rapidly declined and couldn't hold charge for more than some 10 minutes of use. I called IDX and after explaining the situation they gave me return authorization number and I sent the batteries back. Within 2 days I received brand new batteries. I am still using them today and they are great!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems