2/3" lens adaptor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #16
Tourist

I tried to get a wide angle lens from my reseller but they have been impossible to get. I'll see if I can arrange for a demo so I can compare the Fujinon to my Canon HD 2/3".
Greg Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Becker
I tried to get a wide angle lens from my reseller but they have been impossible to get. I'll see if I can arrange for a demo so I can compare the Fujinon to my Canon HD 2/3".
Greg,

I would love it if you could shoot the ISO 12233 resolution chart on your 2/3" at F4, detail set to MIN, -9, -6, -3 and NORMAL, capture full 1280x720 frame grabs, and then send them to me.
Please print the chart at 600dpi if possible.
I have already tested the 13x, 16x and an additional 17x5 Fuji 1/3" lens with this chart.

You can download my results from the 13x and 16x here.

For info about the ISO 12233 Test chart: http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~wes...res-chart.html
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Becker
That would be great, it would be interesting to find out the camera's limits. Although I suspect you'd need to put on a Zeiss DigiPrime to really know for sure where they lie. Of course, someone will do this for some project - with a 3.9 mm wide they've got the range of focal lengths.

I was hoping to get the Fujinon for a camera test I was doing for some low budget features, but like you no luck.

Looking at the Fujinon's spec makes me wonder if it's a modified version of their 1/2" HD W/A lens.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems