Capture using Adobe 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Capture using Adobe 2.0

Got my HD100 but couldn't capture the video. When I click on the play button, it plays but I don't see anything on the screen, please help, thanks.

Quyen
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Major Player

You need Cinefrom's Aspect HD to be able to capture anything and be able to edit with-in Adobe Premiere... The Cineform guys are actually on this site, so im sure they can give you any information you need... but there is no editing program out there yet (including Avid, FCP) that will be able to capture and edit the footage from the hd100, its just not possible yet without the plugins. You have to use the Aspect HD plug-in, or you cant do it. Im sure there are work arounds that people have been using to get it in the programs, but in my own opinion its way to messy, and its never done right.
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hdv

If you are using 24p you have to make your own preset to capture. You will not see anything in the capture window when you capture but it is capturing. I would not say that you have to have the Aspect HD Plug in but it is a Huge performance improvement over the Native editing which Giuseppe Pugliese pointed out is not really that smooth. Again if you are shooting 24p with the HD100 I would say get the plug in you will be thankful and you can edit like you are editing DV
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Regular Crew

quote: but there is no editing program out there yet (including Avid, FCP) that will be able to capture and edit the footage from the hd100, its just not possible yet without the plugins.

Well Canopus Edius 3.61 will do the trick. Also 24P.

regards erik
Erik Walth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Oh really? im sorry, I never checked that out, so yeah... what he sad haha...so theres one program that will do the 24p, but considering hes running Premiere 2.0 i dont think he wants to rebuy an editing bundle again.
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #6
Trustee

PPro 2.0 and Edius 3.61 both edits and captures 24p

Quyen Le

I have an hd100 and I can capture and edit 24p in both Premier pro and edius. Try this trick, open prem pro, put your cam first on vtr mode and start playing the tape THEN press F5(the shortcut to capture) and start recording. You will first see your footage on the capture window but after you press record, the word "capturing" will appear instead. this is normal. PPRO2.0 will add 232 pulldown so you can edit your footage on the 30fps timeline even without additional plugins.

Edius pro 3.61 (you can download the upgrade) will support 24P in the presets. You HAVE to use mpeg capture module and not the built in capture. m2t transport streams are captured and edius automatically chops your files every time there is a record break. Weather this is good or bad is up to you.

hope this helps.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #7
Major Player

fcp5

is there a plug in for fcp5 to run 24p or am i going to have to upgrade to fcp 6.

currently running fcp 5.0.4 but im guessing it wont be there on 5.0.5 either.. or will it?
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems