Alternative battery for HD101E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Alternative battery for HD101E

Hi i just been in a supplier in singapore and the anton bauer battery pack is amlost like 1200USD, i m broke after i purchase the HD101E, and i then in SIM LIm sqaure to check with an laternative, a shop selling rechargeable battery help me to get a car battery pack with switchable voltage output and the sales say this should be OK for 7.5V as the JVC battery will operate at 8.4V to 7.2V too, so he say no problem and all i need to do is get the polarity right from the JVC ac adpater plug /jack and then do the same to connect to my battery pack, pray for me and my camera, pls!
another is buying big D cell rechargeable and connect 6 into 7.2V, same same just buy a charger connect some socket and probably go get a small pouch for it.

all cost about 10% of the anton bauer. it's Ni-hm or acid battery , any problem?

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

not work;(

no way to start up the camera,luckily the shop refund it to me.
ym
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Major Player

If you feed it to the external input it should work. Make sure you are not damaging your camera with the tests you are doing.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #4
Regular Crew

There are two parts;
The camera needs the correct voltage, which these batteries provide.

But, the camera also needs the correct current in amps per hour.
You make think of the huge electric current needed by the camera as equal to the large volume of water that flows through a large fire hose.

But, the D cell battery pack only provides a small current. You may think of the small current in the battery pack as equal to the small amount of water provided by a thin garden hose.

If the camera is given too small an electric current, it won't even start up or the camera's huge need for power will quickly suck all the electric current out of the tiny battery pack.

The small battery pack may provide less then 1 amp per hour of current.
This camera may need about 17 amps per hour of current.
ed@highlydef.com
Ed Hill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems