HD100 output at 576i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 12th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100 output at 576i

Hello,

I tryied to find an answer to this question in other boards and was unseccessful.

I will be working on a project, where a local JVC dealer offered us renting any of their products for free. We will be working with HD100 and their HD CRT monitors. In some cases we will be shooting outdoors without generators, and I didn't find any HD monitor from JVC that runs on batteries. They have an SD CRT that runs on 12V batteries, so the question is:

Can HD100 record at 720p and outpot for monitoring at 576i, alike the Sony Z1U?

or

Is there any other possibility for me?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Martin Polach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I used my old 9" Sony SD monitor with the HD 100 when I was recently shooting camera tests on HDV. I used the composite video out connection without any problem.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #3
Major Player

I don't have the camera in front of me, but the manual explains how to set the output to composite.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Major Player

It's automatic, just plug the RCA connector to the top plug and that's it. If you plug in all three component cables, the signal is component.
Old April 13th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The question is not changing the composite/component output, but changing the HD(720p)/SD(576i) on the composite/component output. If I will be able to use the HD CRT monitor when I have access to AC, and 9" SD monitor outside without generators, running from 12V batteries. But I guess that there is a switch in the menu somewhere.
Martin Polach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Polach
The question is not changing the composite/component output, but changing the HD(720p)/SD(576i) on the composite/component output. If I will be able to use the HD CRT monitor when I have access to AC, and 9" SD monitor outside without generators, running from 12V batteries. But I guess that there is a switch in the menu somewhere.
Martine,

in the menu under VIDEO FORMAT there are three options for OUTPUT TERMINAL: AUTO, COMPONENT or COMPOSITE. If you leave it at AUTO the terminals will switch automatically based on sensing how many RCA connectors are pluged in. If it's just one in the top connector, the camera is outputting composite video, if it's three RCAs, then the output signal is analogue HD. Details are in the manual on page 54.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems