Say hello to Nate Weaver at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Say hello to Nate Weaver

Nate has graciously consented to help out with our rapidly growing HD100 forum. I had the pleasure of working with Nate on our recent Texas HD Shootout; he's a heck of a nice guy who really knows his stuff. Nate will be assisting Tim Dashwood around here as part of DV Info Net's goal to find the best experts we can and put them in the forum moderator positions all around the site. See ya next week, Nate (and Tim)!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Nate,
Excellent news. Looking forward to meeting you guys at NAB.

Warren Shultz
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hey Chris, I was wondering when you were finally going to announce this great news. I've been bursting at the seams!

We've been courting Nate for a while and I'm glad it is now official.
Nate and I have both been quite busy lately, but I think between the two of us we can provide a quicker response time than I have been able to provide lately.

The other benefit of course is that Nate really knows his stuff. He's been a member here since before I migrated to dvinfo, and his experience behind the camera speaks for itself.

BTW, for those going to NAB, I'd like to draw your attention the "Get the most from the JVC HD100" conference on April 26, 2PM to 4:45PM. Nate is going to be speaking at that one as well as the "Essential Accessories for HDV" afterwards.

I'm going to attempt to attend as well if I can fit it into my already packed two-day schedule. Maybe we'll see some of you there?
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Trustee

Congratulations Nate.
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #5
Major Player

Tim, is that one of the freebies? Or is Nates presentation only for the paying folks?
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Shultz
Tim, is that one of the freebies? Or is Nates presentation only for the paying folks?
If you pay by tomorrow (April 19) the prices for all of the Post|Production regular conferences are $595 for NAB members, $795 for Non-Members, or $225 for students. Those prices go up after tomorrow to $745, $945 and $299 respectively.

If you want to go to conferences for one weekday only the price is $225 by April 19th, or $299 after. I think you can mix and match the three you would attend in a day.
Other conferences of interest earlier the same day as Nate's are Douglas Spotted Eagle's 'Get the most from Z1/FX1,' Colour Correction in FCP, Third Party Tools for AE, Get more from Flash video, Harness the Power of Premiere Pro 2, & Boris Continuum Complete for NLE's.
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Does he plan to answer questions from forum members? or just recruit? is he a mod now?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

I'm not sure I understand your questions, Brian... Nate has *always* answered questions from forum members, we don't "recruit" here at DV Info Net, and my announcement states pretty clearly that Nate joins Tim as one of our moderators. Hope this helps,

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Nate will be assisting Tim Dashwood around here as part of DV Info Net's goal to find the best experts we can and put them in the forum moderator positions all around the site. See ya next week, Nate (and Tim)!
this makes it sound like nate will assist tim to help dvinfo in meeting its goal of "finding" the best experts--as if the two of them will be recruiting moderators.That's better if he's a mod though--i had the idea he was going to be a headhunter.
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #10
Capt. Quirk

The only recruiting Chris does, is for the secret Black Gang Coffee Cult... oops.
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #11
Obstreperous Rex

Well, that's why my post was so confusingly worded, I guess... there was no Black Gang coffee this morning. Only the regular run of the mill "red can" coffee and you know that can carry you only so far.

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #12
2nd Unit TV

OK, that does it. You're all on Double Secret Probation!!! All kidding aside, Nate's a great addition. I met him at JVC when he came up and introduced himself and said he was helping out at NAD. Look forward to seeing you again, Nate...and you better be at our party Monday night before the DVxUser party.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Well, that's why my post was so confusingly worded, I guess... there was no Black Gang coffee this morning. Only the regular run of the mill "red can" coffee and you know that can carry you only so far.
Maybe forum moderators should have Fighter Pilot handles, how about
Nate "Headhunter" Weaver.
Old April 19th, 2006, 12:54 AM   #14
Wrangler

I prefer "Smoove B".

Thanks for all the nice words. I'm out of town at the moment with sporadic access, with only two days at home before NAB. In other words, I'm gonna be thin here for at least another week.

See you all in Vega$
Old April 19th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #15
Wrangler

Nate,

Oops, now you REALLY stepped in it. Fighter pilots do NOT get to pick their own call sign; attempts to do so only ensure that the assigned monikor will be extra, specially, grossly, don't-say-in-front-of-your-mother repugnant and embarrassing.

We'll work on that between beverages at NAB. ;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems