Problems capturing FCP & HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems capturing FCP & HD100

I am still having problems capturing, now with FCP 5.1 and HD100 (A rev).

FCP is set to 72030p preset. Basically FCP is unable to capture across shots. I have tried all sorts of things: capture now, logging clips, batch capture, User Prefs timecode break settings. Cannot capture more than one shot at the time. FCP either aborts or forgets all but last captured shot.No timecode breaks as far as I can tell. Is there some camera timecode setting I have wrong?

Also noticed since i got the A back that I get a "change 1394" error message in the JVC viewfinder except when tape is playing. The button is set to HDV, PB is auto (I also tried setting PB to HDV only, same error)

Anybody using FCP 5.1 and HD100A combo successfully?
Kaspar Stromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #2
JVC America

FCP capture

Kaspar,

Are you having this trouble with tapes that were shot prior to the "A" upgrade, or on tapes shot after the camera upgrade?
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Carl,
the problem is also with tapes shot prior to A upgrade. I successfully captured those tapes previously.

One correction: I am not running FCP 5.1, it is 5.0.4
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #4
JVC America

Fcp

Kaspar,

Tapes shot prior to the "A" upgrade may have breaks in the time/date stamp in the subcode. FCP gets "tricked" by these breaks, and sometimes creates multiple clips. For tapes shot prior to the upgrade, they need to be captured on a non-FCP system, then recorded back to tape, then captured to the FCP system. This should create a continuous time/date stamp in the subcode, causing to FCP to correctly capture the clips.

Depending on how much "pre-A" footage you have, and your location, we may be able to help with this conversion process.

Regards, Carl
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Carl,
I don't have a lot of pre-A tapes, so that is not really an issue. I am much more concerned with the fact that I cannot practically capture ANYTHING after my A upgrade.

I don't understand why when the camera is plugged into the Mac it keeps flashing "Change 1394 switch" when the tape is HDV? It did not do this before A upgrade.
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #6
JVC America

Kaspar,

Then I'm stumped. Try calling our tech support line at 1-800-582-5825, 9AM to 5PM, Monday thru Friday.
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I was able to capture on an older G4. Not sure what's going on with my G5 but it doesn't like the HD100 very much... Atleast the camera's in the clear :)
Kaspar Stromme is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems