Glad to see the new releases.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Trustee

Glad to see the new releases....

I think it's cool that JVC still has enough faith in the idea of a sub-$10k idea that they've brought out these new models.

For a while there I had a bad feeling the JVC was going to get out of this type of market. I'm glad they haven't. To me, it's all good news for current owners and potential future buyers, as JVC continues to support the independant filmaker via the JVC100 and now the 250.

With some 8,000 JVC 100 users already out there, these new cameras can only help the tweaking, upgrading and on going interest in the product line - which, in the long run, helps everyone.

John

evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vincent
I think it's cool that JVC still has enough faith in the idea of a sub-$10k idea that they've brought out these new models.

For a while there I had a bad feeling the JVC was going to get out of this type of market. I'm glad they haven't. To me, it's all good news for current owners and potential future buyers, as JVC continues to support the independant filmaker via the JVC100 and now the 250.

With some 8,000 JVC 100 users already out there, these new cameras can only help the tweaking, upgrading and on going interest in the product line - which, in the long run, helps everyone.

John

Hi John,

You've underestimated the sales. A few months ago it was at 12,000 units sold. I'll bet you're chomping at the bit to get a look at the PL mount for 16mm. I know I am.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Stephen -

12 k units huh? That's good news too. More users mean more goodies and upgrades for users. It also means, I'll bet ya, some good independant films coming down the pipe.

The new features are nice - but is the price right? I am one of the people who don't hate the stock lens (having just come from a XL1, which was just horrible).

But the fact that JVC is willing to listen to 'the little guy' and has been continuing to upgrade the firmware is good news.

john

John Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems