"TrueColor" Scene File Tests - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
Thanks for the update Paolo (and all the initial hard work as well!) It almost seems counter-intuitive that lowering the blue would make the red go more magenta. You'd think it should be the other way around (i.e. more blue = more magenta). I'll have to give it a try.

By the way, "red happy" seems to be the only major concern from people using the "TrueColor" file. Since red gain is set to 3, what have you found happens/goes wrong when that is lowered to 1 or 2?
Yes, I was too expecting the red gain to be directly responsible fot tha but after spending a few minutes with the red gain it was obvious that that was not going to yeld the expected result. The blue does it and I think that you'll be able to verify it easily. The reason why the red is at that level is that it places it at the right spot in the Vscope. Initially I gave more emphasis to correct position o f red and yellow as they are the major components of skintone. In fact pretty much everybody reacted postively to the skin tones of my configuration. Version 3 is an attempt to adjust it a little bit based on "real world" situations.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 09:12 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
I though you were going to write something like
"if anyone read the above posting before 6:10pm tonight" You get a prize.
Gimme the prize! ;)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen
Perhaps the name "True..." creates a naming problem.
Can't claim I have come up with the name. It was part of the subject line that Tim D posted as a reference to my article. Then the name stuck. I'm not complaining :)
Old July 31st, 2006, 07:01 AM   #19
Major Player

This post is really late in getting to the discussion but... have any of these tests been performed using a person as a subject to look at skin tones?
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:05 AM   #20
Regular Crew

dynamic range issue

Hi i ve been using Paolo's TCV2 and now on TCv3 but i didn't set the color as he suggested, from my montior it's a bit too cold/bluish.

may be we separate the color from tone. as a matter of fact i never do color balance , but just set the either day light or tungsten. this is easier for me to make a plug in( i m using vegas) to correct the color in one shot.

my main concern is dynamic range as i realy want to creat a Digital "negative" to squeeze in more detail on both highlight and shadow.

both gurus are great , it will be even better if can work on a super dynamic raneg to go beyond 8 stops. i m from old school of Great Ansel Adams. so i guess 8 stops is just enough for me to work. -4 stops for shadows and +3 stop for high light.

does anyone try to use ultra contrast /digi-con filter to make acheive this?

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #21
Regular Crew

tested 3 scenes set up

Hi after i test all 3 , i tend to like "widlat2" becos the black seems to be smoother insetad of some darkess back is become very dark compare to deep gray
and i like the shadow area has more detail.

anyways this will give more room for em to do tone adjust at post.
color wise i think set as u like is OK, as i think different camera may be different.

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems