IDX PV mount w/ Sony battery? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 5th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #1
New Boot

IDX PV mount w/ Sony battery?

Hi there. I'm buying an IDX PV mount and endura batteries for my HD100 and had a few questions.
* The IDX Endura batteries use the Sony V-mount, and their website says the Endura batteries can be used with DVCAM cameras. I have a Sony BPL-90A battery that I’ve used with a Sony DSR-300 DVCAM. It’s voltage is: maximum 16.8, nominal 14.4. Can this battery be used with the IDX mount on the HD100?
* Which of the IDX batteries provide the best balance for shoulder shooting, the E-7 or the or the E-10 series. Could shifting the shoulder pad allows you to balance either, given the 1/2 pound difference?
* The “Digi View” feature supposedly lets you track remaining battery time in the viewfinder. Does this feature work with the HD100?
* What running time are people getting in the field with the E-7 and E-10?

Thanks for your help. I've been really impressed with this site. MM
Michael J. Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Moore
* The IDX Endura batteries use the Sony V-mount, and their website says the Endura batteries can be used with DVCAM cameras. I have a Sony BPL-90A battery that I’ve used with a Sony DSR-300 DVCAM. It’s voltage is: maximum 16.8, nominal 14.4. Can this battery be used with the IDX mount on the HD100?
Yes, it will work.

Quote:
* Which of the IDX batteries provide the best balance for shoulder shooting, the E-7 or the or the E-10 series. Could shifting the shoulder pad allows you to balance either, given the 1/2 pound difference?
Depends on other accessories, lenses, etc. The shoulder pad will help but I wouldn't worry about the balance that much.

Quote:
* The “Digi View” feature supposedly lets you track remaining battery time in the viewfinder. Does this feature work with the HD100?
Not supported for IDX mount - only AB.

Quote:
* What running time are people getting in the field with the E-7 and E-10?
I use 50s (45W IDX batteries) and they last approx. 3.5-4 hrs. Don't know the answer for E-7 or E-10.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems