What would a used HD100 sell for? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #1
Major Player

What would a used HD100 sell for?

With the newer version JVC coming out, I'll likely sell ours and invest a few extra dollars just for 720/60P (to tape). We cover things that go BOOM enough to justify HD at 60P.

What would our HD100 sell for I wonder?
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Major Player

I don't think the HD-100 will drop in value when the 200 and 250's are released. Especially since they look almost identical. If I had to sell mine, I would ask about 4K if I was in a rush to get rid of it.

I would wait on the 200/250's to see how well the compression holds up to tape. It now has to record twice the information to a 19mbps data stream. Also, keep in mind, JVC is still going to sell the HD-100, it isn't going anywhere.

The new cameras are more expensive and 30p looks fine for most applications anyway.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #3

4-4.5k +/- depending upon drum hours, condition, and if you've had the firmware updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
With the newer version JVC coming out, I'll likely sell ours and invest a few extra dollars just for 720/60P (to tape). We cover things that go BOOM enough to justify HD at 60P.

What would our HD100 sell for I wonder?
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco

I would wait on the 200/250's to see how well the compression holds up to tape. It now has to record twice the information to a 19mbps data stream. Also, keep in mind, JVC is still going to sell the HD-100, it isn't going anywhere.

The new cameras are more expensive and 30p looks fine for most applications anyway.
Oh I know the HD100 will still be selling, and has it's place, but for us the 720/60p is essential for the type of shooting we do.

I see what you mean regarding the 19mbps stream, that concerns me. Will they change the GOP or is that a standard to JVC ProHD that can't change?

And I would be thrilled to get $4,000 out $5,000 for a camera that has paid for itself many times over.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Major Player

"but for us the 720/60p is essential for the type of shooting we do"

Keep in mind that most NLE's won't support the 720/60p format for a while. We are still waiting for 24p for god's sake!
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

If JVC can pull of the same look for their current SD60P, but in HD, it may be worth the extra cash. Also, Avid Liquid 7.1 is supposed to support all of JVC's ProHD formats.
Rogelio Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
I see what you mean regarding the 19mbps stream, that concerns me. Will they change the GOP or is that a standard to JVC ProHD that can't change?

The new encoder produces a 12-frame GOP instead of the 6-frame of the 100.

I don't know if it only does 12-frame in 60p mode or not.
Mark Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
"but for us the 720/60p is essential for the type of shooting we do"

Keep in mind that most NLE's won't support the 720/60p format for a while. We are still waiting for 24p for god's sake!
We are using Premier Pro 2 as our NLE, and if I remember right it does have a 720/60p support with the Cineform Aspect HD codec installed. So although this would not be an issue for us... what Mark is saying regarding tthe 12-frame GOP however might be an issue. I guess we will see.

As much as we like the results we have been getting with our HD100 I can't say it has not come with it's share of trade-offs. Such is the world of cameras.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems