HD100 / V-mount battery system at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

HD100 / V-mount battery system

Has anyone used any of the other large capacity V-mount batteries? To clarify, I mean like using the IDX system that was provided with the promo and other batteries like the Sony BP-L90A (14.4V 8.1Ah) or any other?

Our shoots last all day most of the time when we shoot outdoors, and the standard Endura 7s provided with the IDX promo is just are too small for this. I also don't mind the added weight on the rear since the camera is even more front heavy with mattbox, wide angle, Sennheiser, etc..

Our local rental has the Sony BP-L90A. And as long as I am shopping around for batteries I want to know all my options.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

inik

Daniel, I use the inik BP-95Li with the idx and up to now I have had no problems. They last with LCD open and motorized zoom for ~ 5 hours, they are perfectly heavy for the wide angle lens and I think that they come out cheaper than other brands. Try them, they are good.
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos Bournias
Daniel, I use the inik BP-95Li with the idx and up to now I have had no problems. They last with LCD open and motorized zoom for ~ 5 hours, they are perfectly heavy for the wide angle lens and I think that they come out cheaper than other brands. Try them, they are good.
Is inik the brand? The number looks like a Sony number. 5 hours would kick #@$Q! I could carry one extra in the bag and I would be good for most of the whole day. I could still use the IDX to do the pickup shots at the end of the day. I'm going to try these rental betteries and see how they do but my guess is they will be smoken batteries and will last long, they are chuncky.
RED ONE #977
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:53 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm finding that 2 Endura 7s will easily power my camera for a 12 hour day. That is with it on for around 8 hours and recording for 3 or 4.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:02 AM   #5
Major Player

We use the Endura 7s and get about 3-4 hours out of 1

stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #6
2nd Unit TV

Much as I dislike the company for the reasons most everyone knows about, I have IDX 10s for all 6 of our 100HDs and have never had a power problem. The 7s come with the camera deal...eventually...but the 10s are available from EVS or just about anywhere and power the 100HDs for more than 5 hours. Each of our camera boxes carry one 7 and one 10 standard for a total, real-world run time of 9-10 hours.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Crud, I'm still waiting for my IDX kit. They sure take their time.
Any suggestions for an alternative system that will plug into the mount without additional hardware?
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #8
Regular Crew

re inik

No Daniel, is not a Sony brand, is Inik, and is manufactured in China under a Canadian company using cells made in Japan.
If I remember well they cost in Indonesia, so same all over, ~120US$.
I have these batteries for ~ 1 year now and thank god no problems yet.
Charge them and use them normally.
Panos
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #9
Major Player

Cool, thanks for all of the information guys.

I will be using the Sony 90's this weekend and have one on it's way for future use. We only get around 3.5 hours out of the IDX 7s, so this new battery along with the IDX stock battery from the promo should help a bunch.
RED ONE #977
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Can the iniks use the JVC charger?
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #11
Regular Crew

charger

If you meen the standard one, for the small batteries that come with the cam, no. The inik are V mount "big" batteries and they have their one V mount adapteur that looks like the idx one.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:26 AM   #12
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos Bournias
No Daniel, is not a Sony brand, is Inik, and is manufactured in China under a Canadian company using cells made in Japan.
If I remember well they cost in Indonesia, so same all over, ~120US$.
I have these batteries for ~ 1 year now and thank god no problems yet.
Charge them and use them normally.
Panos

Do you have a link to Inik batteries for $120.?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems