music vid shot on hd101 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

music vid shot on hd101

hello people

Here are two music videos shot on the hd101:

This video was a zero budget project:
1. http://www.niimthedream.no/arkiv/vid...imthedream.mpg

This video was a low-low project:
2. http://www.niimthedream.no/arkiv/vid/darkside_film.mpg

both videos were shot with the stock lens, and with the default factory settings (before I knew about the color tweaks in the camera).

I've used Mr Paulo's TC2 and TC3, also Mr Tim's Panamatch on short documentaries, that I am working on now, I will post them when they are done.
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey top stuff looks like you had fun.

Good work.

rob.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Nice work Nima jan, damet garm. Ive shot several zero budget hip hop videos here in Sweden as well. YouŽve got a good eye for the style!

IŽll upload my latest video as well as soon as its rendered!

Keep up the good work!
Soroush Shahrokni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:57 AM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks guys

Soroush agha, looking forward to see your work.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM   #5
Trustee

Hey Nima, nice work, thank you for posting the videos.
It was funny to recognize "George Costanza" in the mix of unknown words. I liked the mix of images and you got your shallow DOF when needed, did you use the stock lens?
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

hey Paulo

hehe, yeah good thing "George Constanza" was the only thing you recognized, I had to make a new version with 'bleeped' audio because one of the TV-stations wouldn't air the video with the cuss words...

but thank you for the comments, appreciated. Yes I did use the stock lens on both videos, I'm pretty happy with the stock lense...for now. If I buy anything for the camera, a capture card would probably be the first thing, unless I find a good deal for a lens.

how is Santa Cruz? I actually lived in Aptos, which is a few minutes drive from SC, for a year, about 2 years ago. I attended Cabrillo College and played basketball on the team. I sure miss the beach, Santa Cruz Boardwalk and that Cali weather! But I am going to the US in July (Atlanta, Georgia), and hopefully getting in contact with artists looking to make low-budget music videos... come july: Jack in the Box and Wendy's...yes sir!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima Taheri
hey Paulo

hehe, yeah good thing "George Constanza" was the only thing you recognized, I had to make a new version with 'bleeped' audio because one of the TV-stations wouldn't air the video with the cuss words...
Really, in Norway? Has Europe turned for the worse in the last 10 years or was it lke that before, in your corner of the world? I don't remember any censorship in Italy during the 70s and 80s (OK, I'm dating myself ;))
That's too bad. Censorship is what is turning the US onto a dangerous, Orwellian, slope.

Quote:
how is Santa Cruz? I actually lived in Aptos
You're kidding me, I live in Aptos, I'm near Seacliff beach, a couple of blocks from the cliff where the cement ship is. It's falling apart but it's still there. Here is a panorama I took a couple of days ago on the wharf. It's not complete, my first panorama attempt. Just for your memories :) http://www.paolociccone.com/panos/ap...f-panorama.mov

Man, the world is really small. I actually spent 4 month in Holland in 2000 and I visited the whole "nordic" area there, including Oslo.

If you stop by in SC give me a buzz, maybe we can do a multi-camera shoot and drink a couple of beers :)

Take care.
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Paolo (I write your name with an 'u' half the time)

Yeah, the censorship in the US is a oxymoron, f.ex: they are horrified by a nipple, though TV in general is oozing with sex. Censoring profanities in Norway isn't that bad, that TV station that I mentioned air from England, so that's probably why they didn't want to air it.

That's crazy you live in Aptos, I lived at Soquel Drive, on 2nd floor above those little stores and the martial arts gym (if it's still there). Pretty close to the fire-station. I was actually planning a trip to California and Aptos, but had to go ATL instead. I will for sure let you know when I come to back-back to Cali-Cali:)

And thank you for the panorama of Seacliff. How many times I went down to that beach to cool off when I wanted to strangle our coach...
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima Taheri
Paolo (I write your name with an 'u' half the time)
Don't worry, it happens all the time :)
Quote:
... but had to go ATL instead.
ATL?

Take care.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Paolo:

ATL = Atlanta, Georgia. Where all that crunk rap music is at :)
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Major Player

simply great!

Hey Nima that was really good. Thank you for posting that. Very a propos for me 'cause I've been waiting on a 35mm adaptor in order to shoot a video in Vegas, but after seeing your stuff I think I can pull it off without the adaptor. Very impressive how you shot that with the stock settings and everything-excellent man! You give me faith. Things can only get better for you. keep up the good work. By the way, the only thing I understood was Tony Montana, Che Guevara, and George Costanza.What language was that?
Old June 5th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Hi Jaadgy

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad I can contribute. The langauge was Norwegian, the video was shot in Bergen, Norway aka The Rainy City.
Old June 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Ya, that "Che Guevara"...talk about Orwellian!
Kenn Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #14
Major Player

Nima,
Are you in ATL yet?
Send me an email, I might have some job(s) for you already.

I live in Atlanta.
Do you do editing or just shooting. I love your work men, great job!

eniolaakintoye@yahoo.com
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #15
Major Player

Have you removed the files?
Drew Curran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems