Anton Bauer Power Promo with GYHD100UA - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 30th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #31
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Chow
I just got off the phone with B&H a minute ago since I'm considering purchasing 2 more HD100's and they say that they have no information about the AB power promo, they say they haven't even heard about it. Has anyone else had the same answer from them or are they just trying to get rid of old IDX packages?

Brian
Hi Brian,

The Anton Bauer promo was announced to all authorized JVC Pro resellers on May 23rd. This is confirmed by a reseller sponsor of this forum earlier in this thread.

Regards, Carl
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #32
Capt. Quirk

Brian- Talk to Tapeworks Texas, they announced this, they honor it. If B&H can't keep up with the promotions, they can lose a sale or twenty ;)
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Hi Brian,

The Anton Bauer promo was announced to all authorized JVC Pro resellers on May 23rd. This is confirmed by a reseller sponsor of this forum earlier in this thread.

Regards, Carl
Called B&H as I purchased the camera from them last week - they havent heard anything... and no, they wouldnt come to dvinfo forums to check Carl's post, but he did log on to JVC PRO website - it doesnt show anything about this promo... so I hung up as I felt like a telemarketing guy trying to trick them to send me free batteries...

so when is your website scheduled to be updated? - is there a press release or official promo like http://pro.jvc.com/pro/special/IDX/IDX.html this?

I just wanted to send the form as soon as possible - as I remember the IDX trainwreck clearly..
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #34
New Boot

I called B&H also. Got the same answer. I purchased 2 HD100's in the last few weeks so I was excited to see that promotion, but B&H says they have no info. Whats the deal?

- Craig
Craig Roblewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #35
New Boot

When?

Bought my camera from B&H a week ago with the AB package. Excited to hear about the offer, I can certainly use an extra battery. I'll sell the rest. Until JVC makes it official on their website I'll just have to wait.

Last edited by Gil Whitney; May 30th, 2006 at 05:40 PM.
Gil Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #36
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

TapeWorks Texas Inc., a JVC Authorized dealer, is able to provide any information required for this Anton Bauer Promotion. Carl Hicks is TapeWorks JVC Representative and as he posted, information was provided on May 23, 2006 to all Authorized JVC Dealers at which point I immediately posted the promotion on this forum.

For those of you who purchased from another JVC Authorized dealer other than TapeWorks within the promotion timeframe (May 1, 2006 - June 30, 2006), TapeWorks Texas Inc would be happy to assist by faxing or emailing you a copy of the promotion claim form. Please contact us Toll Free 866-827-3489.

To receive your free A/B battery system, you will need to fill out the form completely and send it along with a dated copy of your invoice from your dealer, and the origional bar code serial number cut from the GYHD100U carton box to JVC Professional Products Company. Customer Shipping and Receving location must be within the US or Puerto Rico. The completed claim form must be received by JVC no later than July 31, 2006. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for processing of the promotional items from the time the claim has been received by JVC Professional Products Company. USE ONE CLAIM FORM FOR EACH QUALIFYING UNIT PURCHASED.

TapeWorks Texas Inc sales staff is ready to assist in providing this claim form as well as providing quotations for any perspective clients interested in taking advantage of this promotion. We can also provide any accessory items you may be in the market for.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:05 AM   #37
Major Player

I emailed B&H the 25th of May and got the response that they knew about it and would be posting info that day or the next. It's strange how the email and phone support personnel offered different responses to the same question.

Anyway, it's up now:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...895&ac=rebates

Thanks very much to Scott for offering your help where other resellers lacked. That's the mark of a very helpful company.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:30 PM   #38
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Cantrell
For those of you who purchased from another JVC Authorized dealer other than TapeWorks within the promotion timeframe (May 1, 2006 - June 30, 2006), TapeWorks Texas Inc would be happy to assist by faxing or emailing you a copy of the promotion claim form. Please contact us Toll Free 866-827-3489.
---<snip>---
TapeWorks Texas Inc sales staff is ready to assist in providing this claim form as well as providing quotations for any perspective clients interested in taking advantage of this promotion. We can also provide any accessory items you may be in the market for.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
You see folks, this is what we call Texas hospitality. These guys will help you even if you didn't buy your camera from them.

Thanks for posting all the 'official' info Scott and Carl.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM   #39
Tourist

B&H now has AB Promo online.

I just printed the rebate (promo) form from B&H Photos website. It's off in the mail. The clock is ticking.
BTY Great camera. Bought mine on may 2nd. Just made it.
Dennis VanHoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:16 PM   #40
Capt. Quirk

If my wife will keep her grubbies off my money, I'm getting the money orders together today, and I'm gettin' mah new camera! Unfortunately, my pc is getting the upgrade too, so I can't get all the rest of the stuff I wanted, but the HD100 is a nice start!
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #41
Regular Crew

B&H now say "YES!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Chow
I just got off the phone with B&H a minute ago since I'm considering purchasing 2 more HD100's and they say that they have no information about the AB power promo, they say they haven't even heard about it. Has anyone else had the same answer from them or are they just trying to get rid of old IDX packages?
Brian
Hey, Brian, Ram, Craig, and Gil: Looks like the message finally made its way up to the front lines at B&H. Here's my correspondence with them June 10-11:
I raced into your 9th Avenue store a couple weeks ago and very quickly purchased a JVC 24/ HDV Camcorder, the HD100UA. Today I read that there is a special offer out there from JVC giving away Anton-Bauer Power Packs to purchasers of this camera during May and June. I think I am eligible for this. Here where I saw the announcement...
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68028
Can you let me know about this?
Many thanks,
Scott
_____
(from B&H):
Yes you do qualify. Attached should be the rebate pdf if not just download it off our site .
Thank you,
Your B&H Team

KEWL!!
You can find the .pdf like this:
1. Go to bhphoto.com
2. In the search window enter "GY-HD100UA"
3. At the top of the list is the camera, and it says "rebate available" under the price. Click on "rebate available" and you get the .pdf.
You can use this even if you did not buy your camera at B&H.

:)
Scott
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #42
Major Player

I just read that this form has to be at jvc on June 31st. I just bought my hd100s yesterday at bh and I have them by June 23 rd. The form asks for the serial number which I am guessing is only possible if I have the camera in my possession.

Does it look like there is enough time to get the rebate form to jvc?

I guess I could have it sent second day air or something like that.
I would be so sad if I missed this offer.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Nelson
I just read that this form has to be at jvc on June 31st. I just bought my hd100s yesterday at bh and I have them by June 23 rd. The form asks for the serial number which I am guessing is only possible if I have the camera in my possession.

Does it look like there is enough time to get the rebate form to jvc?

I guess I could have it sent second day air or something like that.
I would be so sad if I missed this offer.

Jonathan,

From what I'm piecing together from this thread, you have nothing to worry about. The period for purchasing the camera ends June 30, but you have until July 31 to mail in the docs that prove you qualify. There is no June 31, so maybe you didn't see it right?
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #44
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
Jonathan,

From what I'm piecing together from this thread, you have nothing to worry about. The period for purchasing the camera ends June 30, but you have until July 31 to mail in the docs that prove you qualify. There is no June 31, so maybe you didn't see it right?
omg, Stephen your a Genius!
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #45
Tourist

AB Promo

Just received the AB promo battery & charger. NICE. Thanks AB & JVC. Will post more info after the charge.
Dennis VanHoose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems