JVC upgrade update: at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 31st, 2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC upgrade update:

Those of you getting (A) upgrades should know that once your camera is upgraded, JVC, according to MAry (714) 229-8013 should be shipped back to you next day air. They shipped mine yesterday by ground, and she said that they made a mistake. So I will not be getting my camera back until Monday 6/5, and that sucks because I needed it for Friday.

So now because they made a mistake in shipping, I lose money. I can't even rent one, they all seem to be rented out, or getting the upgrade in my area.

I don't understand how this can happen, either you ship next day or you don't.

I hope everyone gets their's on-time.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin
I don't understand how this can happen, either you ship next day or you don't.
Carl, I undestand your frustration but human errors will always happen. Somebody had to type your address, print a Fedex/UPS label and he/she just selected the wrong shipping options. When you use the shipping software there are all kind of options available and it's up to the operator to select the right one. Sometimes a "giggle" of the mouse will cause an undetected error.

As we, sometimes :), screw up and get the image soft, over/under exposed etc, so it happens with shippers, they make mistakes.
Sorry that that happened to you.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Did you get a notification email once they received it, or only when they shipped it? I shipped mine last week & got notification (from my end) that it was properly delivered, but no word that they have it in their system. Needless to say this makes me nervous.
Steven D. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven D. Martin
Did you get a notification email once they received it, or only when they shipped it? I shipped mine last week & got notification (from my end) that it was properly delivered, but no word that they have it in their system. Needless to say this makes me nervous.

No I did not get any notification from them. I tracked it myself and knew when they received it. The way to check the status is to go to the upgrade page, and select track your camera, put in your zip code and phone number.

Good luck.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Carl, I undestand your frustration but human errors will always happen. Somebody had to type your address, print a Fedex/UPS label and he/she just selected the wrong shipping options. When you use the shipping software there are all kind of options available and it's up to the operator to select the right one. Sometimes a "giggle" of the mouse will cause an undetected error.

As we, sometimes :), screw up and get the image soft, over/under exposed etc, so it happens with shippers, they make mistakes.
Sorry that that happened to you.
Although I have lost a days pay for this mistake, it does not concern me so much that it has happened. What concerns me is the ground shipping, and weather or not JVC took out the proper insurance to cover possible damage.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Although I have lost a days pay for this mistake, it does not concern me so much that it has happened. What concerns me is the ground shipping, and weather or not JVC took out the proper insurance to cover possible damage.
That's a good point, insurance is always the same either for ground or express, of course, ground shipment is rougher than express, I see your concern.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:49 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
That's a good point, insurance is always the same either for ground or express, of course, ground shipment is rougher than express, I see your concern.
That is not true. When I shipped it to JVC, UPS would only ground ship if I insured it for $5000.00 or less for the said reasons. I took out $6000.00 worth of insurance and sent it next day FedEx. So what this tells me is that JVC if they insured it at all it must be for $5000.00 or less.

Also if it was just a giggle of the mouse, this tells me that there is NO insurance.
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:06 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
That is not true. When I shipped it to JVC, UPS would only ground ship if I insured it for $5000.00 or less for the said reasons. I took out $6000.00 worth of insurance and sent it next day FedEx. So what this tells me is that JVC if they insured it at all it must be for $5000.00 or less.

Also if it was just a giggle of the mouse, this tells me that there is NO insurance.
I would assume if it was damaged JVC would just replace it with a new one and they probabley only insur for what the camera cost them which is considerably less than what we pay.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:03 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:

No, that's no true. In the ship manager's screen the two options are completely different and separate. One has the selection for the shipping menthod, the other has the value for the insurance. BTW, I just tried to run a shipment for express overnight, 2 days or ground with an insurance of $7000 and the Fedex ship manager didn't have any issue with it. Ground or Express doesn't make any difference, for FedEx. UPS can be another story but I stopped using UPS long time ago.
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Looks like mine's on it's way back home, except that it's being shipped second-day air, not overnight. So, no "giggle of the mouse-" this seems to be an arbitrary policy.
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:48 PM   #11
New Boot

Shipping

I shipped mine Priority Overnight last week. The repair tracker says that the upgrade was completed on 05/26/06. However, it was not shipped back until the 30th and is not scheduled to be delivered until next Monday, June 6th.

Good thing I have a great working relationship with a couple of other production companies with HD-100's.
Dwayne Dupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:56 PM   #12
Major Player

I sent in our first HD 100 camera Fed Ex insured with a standard "shipping label" included as requested in the instructions. It was returned via UPS Ground 10 days later. So I don't think it's a mistake. Or is is just who ever is on duty of printing the labels at JVC?

So...I send the next one Fed Ex insured WITH an included return Airbill. I got this one back in 4 days with my label.

Dave
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
I sent in our first HD 100 camera Fed Ex insured with a standard "shipping label" included as requested in the instructions. It was returned via UPS Ground 10 days later. So I don't think it's a mistake. Or is is just who ever is on duty of printing the labels at JVC?

So...I send the next one Fed Ex insured WITH an included return Airbill. I got this one back in 4 days with my label.

Dave
So you ended up paying for the return?
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:45 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Got mine back today. All seems well- can't really tell that anything was done to it, though- except there is this nice "Close Here" sticker on the tape door!!

+Steve
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:14 AM   #15
Major Player

Dwayne let us no how your camera checks out after you get it back.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems