Motion trails on LCD monitor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Terpstra
assuming that your display has a good refresh rate
I was using a CRT display, so refresh rate isn't an issue like with LCD and Plasma.
Old August 28th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #17
Regular Crew

One Solution

The ghosting isn't necessarily going to tape - it may be generated during capture. I had the same thing happen on two different editing systems. The GOP is 60 - in the case of 24P, there's a picture, then two frames of nothing, a picture, one frame of nothing, repeat. The editing system may be capturing tweens instead of frames. I was using CANOPUS and had this problem until I went through every single tiny bit of the setup and made sure everything from top to bottom was 24/720P AND that it was capturing the raw data stream (m2t). Then it was fine - no more ghosting, no more still frames that looked like double exposures. Not sure if this is your problem, but check this: pause the camera on one of the offending sequences and check the image on an external monitor. Go through a dozen or so random pauses. If you don't see the ghosting, chances are the frames are recorded properly on the tape, they're just not being captured properly.

JVC created a new flavor of HD compression for this camera. It's within the specs of HDV, but no other camera records data to the tape in quite the same way, so it's not surprising that editing systems aren't all tuned up for it yet.

Good luck!
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #18
Major Player

I'm fairly sure I saw the offending frames on tape as well as after capture. It was mainly how the Dell monitor was working that highlighted the frames. Knowing they're not visible during playback on any other monitor, I have since been able to tune out this problem more or less. I'm using DVHSCap and it seems to be working well.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems