Camera protection + raincover ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Camera protection + raincover ?

Desperately in the need of a camera protection (Bodyglove?) and a raincover. Scandinavian summers are not what they used to be!!
I have been searching here as I seem to remember somebody mentioning a camera protection with a raincover included in a small side pocket ? I cannot find the thread again, sorry if I am asking a question already answered.
What brand are you guys using ?
best regards
erik
Erik Walth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Portabrace makes an excellent cover for this camera and it will fit with the IDX batteries. Very secure and watertight. I saw it at the NAB convention and plan on purchasing one myself. Its about $220. Called a Rain sleek not sure of the model number.
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Major Player

I bought this PortaBrace combo from B&H...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

The CTC-3 is a nice carrying case, fits the HD100 with both the wide lens (longer than stock) and an AB batt+mount. Has extra pockets in which I store wireless mic, tapes, white balance card (included!), and the rain cover.

The QS-ME2 isn't the greatest rain cover in the world, but it keeps the unit nice and dry, or dust free if you like. It also fits over the AB battery. Maybe someday there will be something more "custom fit" like they make for the betacams...
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Tourist

HD100 Rain cover

I have a Porta-Brace RS-HD100 rain cover specifically made for the HD100. It will fit with the IDX battery on. Nice cover. Got it from B&H -$179.95

Martin

Last edited by Martin Wellhoefer; June 4th, 2006 at 10:11 AM.
Martin Wellhoefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #5
Major Player

I broke my HD100's VF because of the CTC-3 bag. If you're also purchasing a bag choose one with a rigid protection for the VF, it is too sensible.

Is anyone using the Portabrace raincover with Switt/Varizoom batteries? I think they're larger than A/B or IDX...
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #6
Major Player

I bought this bag:

And mysteriously, a rain cover by Petrol came with it. Fits very well w/ pro batteries and has all the zippers/windows you'd need. I think this is the one:

Petrolbags.com has more info as well. I didn't expect the free rain cover, but for a $100 added value, I won't complain!
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #7
Regular Crew

RS-Hd100

After a few e-mails to Porta Brace regarding the RS-HD100, which by the way was answered very quick and very friendly thank you Ken. I have decided to go for the RS-HD100/FS. The new model RS-HD100/FS is suited for Anton Bauer batteries PLUS the external hard drive.
I already have CTC-3 and I am very satisfied with it.
Thank you all for your idears.

regards

Erik Henriksen
Old July 31st, 2006, 02:24 PM   #8
Major Player

So what do you think of the cover? I'm shoping for one now and would like your feedback on the Porta Brace. Thanks
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Hi Jerry

I am one very happy customer.The raincover has got zippers and velcro in all the right places and fits the camera very well. As to lenght ( this is the extra long model ) also no problems here. I am using it with the AB hytron100 ( big brick and heavy too ) wenn it dies I will get the smaller models.My Citidisk with AB mount also fits in and there is still room to go !!! If you do not plan to by the external harddisk or are working with smaller batteries, I believe you will be happy with the standard edition, otherweise you might end up with too much material at the back of the camera.
Remember this is only for rainy days, to bulky for everyday use IMO.
PS. I would love to have an all time protection for the camera, like the ones made for the big broadcast cameras, but I dont know if this is in the making ?
regards
Erik
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

CamRade made their debut at NAB 2006. They have a great line of Cambags, CamSuits, and Wetsuits...pretty much any type of AV production bag needed for the job. CamRade's wetSuit is quieter than Portabrace.

CamRade's camSuits are Tailor-made camera cover with built-in rain cover in pouch on side. Fits better then Portabrace because it is manufactured to tighter measurements for each camera. Includes zip off section at rear of suit for battery packs. Battery pack section has Velcro adjustments so you can have a tight fit with different configurations of batteries, storage devices, and microphone transmitter/receiver units.

Take a look at their products at www.camrade.com

Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc -HDVinfo Sponser
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #11
Major Player

Camrade CB-575

Yep, I have the Camrade CB-575 for a few months now and very satisfied with it. They have a bag that's designed for the HD100 as well (that was also cheaper), but it didn't seem to fit as nice with the IDX battery attached...
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems