JVC service quite impressed. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #1
Major Player

JVC service quite impressed.

As some of you know I have been having some problems with my HD-100. Per Carl Hicks I sent it to JVC and they did an extensive check and also re updated again the A version on my camera. Shortly after sending it in I got a call from a JVC Tech who wanted to talk with me about the camera. He told me he got a message from Carl Hicks reguarding my problem, we talked for about 30 minutes I was very impressed with the tech and his eagerness to help me with my situation. My camera will be comming back this week and the problem seems to be solved but I wont know for sure til I have had time to shoot some more footage but I do feel confident I will not have any more problems after talking to the JVC tech. Not only did he call me he also gave me a # to reach him if I continue to have more problems. This is what I call customer service I was amased that he brought up Carl Hicks name. All I can say is Thank you Carl for your assistance and that JVC continues to amase me with their customers service. If your are thinking about buying the HD-100 I would not hesitate, at least you know that if you have a problem down the road JVC will definitly do everything they can to help you solve it.
Thanks again to Carl Hicks, as I said before Your pressence on this board as well as other JVC reps continue to strengthen our confidence in the company as a whole.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #2
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams
As some of you know I have been having some problems with my HD-100. Per Carl Hicks I sent it to JVC and they did an extensive check and also re updated again the A version on my camera. Shortly after sending it in I got a call from a JVC Tech who wanted to talk with me about the camera. He told me he got a message from Carl Hicks reguarding my problem, we talked for about 30 minutes I was very impressed with the tech and his eagerness to help me with my situation. My camera will be comming back this week and the problem seems to be solved but I wont know for sure til I have had time to shoot some more footage but I do feel confident I will not have any more problems after talking to the JVC tech. Not only did he call me he also gave me a # to reach him if I continue to have more problems. This is what I call customer service I was amased that he brought up Carl Hicks name. All I can say is Thank you Carl for your assistance and that JVC continues to amase me with their customers service. If your are thinking about buying the HD-100 I would not hesitate, at least you know that if you have a problem down the road JVC will definitly do everything they can to help you solve it.
Thanks again to Carl Hicks, as I said before Your pressence on this board as well as other JVC reps continue to strengthen our confidence in the company as a whole.
No problem, thanks for your comments and support.
Old June 8th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Major Player

I too have been having problems, but of a different nature than yours, Gary. They're detailed in this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68745

But to my surprise and relief, Carl actually contacted me today about having some engineers talk with me about the camera and probably send it in. Unfortunately I have an important shoot next weekend, so I likely won't get a fix before then, but that's great customer service! I had an audio issue with my FX-1 last year and it was in for almost two months before they sent it back exactly as it went in... Apparently that was the "consumer" division, but still that was a nightmare.

I'm just glad to hear that JVC has such a great attitude for service and repairs. This is also not the first time Carl has contacted me unprompted. Thanks, Carl!
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have to agree that the service on the camera has been about the best I've received from any company. The camera broke down with a "blue screen" problem. I sent the camera in and got it back in a week. It has worked perfectly since.

Unfortunately the service on the BR-HD50U HDV deck hasn't been so good. My deck (under warranty) started to give "defective tape" errors on tapes that work in every other machine I have. But with an eject and a retry the deck would then play the same tapes. Finally it ate a couple of tapes... time to go in. The deck had been in for a week when I decided to call and see what the progress was. I was told that there is presently a delay of up to 20 days on repairs. I needed to call to find this out, I wasn't contacted. 20 days is a bit of an inconvenience but at least the service person offered to try and fast track the repair. The deck is still out as of now, about a week and five days. I really don't want to capture a large amount of footage with the camera but I might be forced to so to keep on schedule.

The service effort by JVC is very commendable, however it leads to raised expectations. An on-line repair tracking system could be very helpful.
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #5
Major Player

I can only support what's being said here. I have found JVC UK to be nothing short of brilliant with their support. Yes, like all equipment, this camera has its flaws but - for me - knowing that the manufacturer will step up and help if and when things go wrong goes a long way. I have had far worse technical support for equipment costing many times as much even with an annual 'assurance contract' costing more than the HD100, so I can't praise JVC enough for their support on a relatively low-cost product.

If anyone is having trouble deciding between the HD100 and a certain competitive product, I would suggest that you consider this factor in your decision making process.
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:15 AM   #6
Regular Crew

yup JVC UK have been just great for me too, nothing but praise for them :-)
Ian Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #7
JVC America

On-line tracking for repair status

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser

The service effort by JVC is very commendable, however it leads to raised expectations. An on-line repair tracking system could be very helpful.
Hi William,

We have had on-line repair tracking in the U.S. for quite some time now. Here is the web page:

http://www.jvcservice.com/Service/

Go to this page, then look at links on the left side. Click on the "Repair Tracking" link. You will need to enter your zip code and phone #, or receipt # in order to track your repair.

Also, from this web page http://www.jvcservice.com/Service/ you can order many parts and accessories.

Regards, Carl
Old June 9th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #8
Major Player

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems but reading this thread is very reassuring. I know I'm not the only guy checking this out going "good for JVC!"
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Hi William,

We have had on-line repair tracking in the U.S. for quite some time now. Here is the web page:

http://www.jvcservice.com/Service/

Regards, Carl
Well that's good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I did just notice it's printed on the Service Request pdf form. I can't find it when I go to the JVC site. Perhaps a link on the professional customer support page would be a small help for people like me who can't properly read forms but have no problem with web pages.

Actually, I have good news. The deck arrived today and it's in good working order. The service department really did put it on the fast track! Thanks, now I can get to work on the music video! A couple of mechanical adjustments and a firmware reprogramming were listed as work done.

Great service again. This is a new JVC for me and I'm very happy to be using their equiptment.
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams
Per Carl Hicks I sent it to JVC and they did an extensive check and also re updated again the A version on my camera. Shortly after sending it in I got a call from a JVC Tech who wanted to talk with me about the camera. He told me he got a message from Carl Hicks reguarding my problem, we talked for about 30 minutes I was very impressed with the tech and his eagerness to help me with my situation.
I can attest to that first hand.

If JVC Pro CS had been as good as it is now when they released the DV-500, they would have sold a zillion of them. I still consider the DV 5 series to be one of the best shoulder mount SD DV cams ever designed. It was the less than spectacular pro support that hurt the sales of those units.

Now, they have the best CS in the business, and I think they have done a remarkable job is addressing individual camera issues and issuing a timely upgrade to address the across the board issues. I no longer have to add a caveat when I recommend a JVC cam. Carl, please pass along my kudos to everybody at JVC pro support for a "job well done!".

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems