Hd100a? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Hd100a?

Hey guys, I am ordering 2 gyhd100's this week for my company, i'm pretty excited about that. I had a quick question though, bh has the U models, however, i saw on jvc's site that there is a A model out. Any one know where we can order the A's from, cause i would really have that version come in rather than the older U. ...

Thanks
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #2
Trustee

B&H has 100 HD100s in stock. I am guessing that they are the "a" model.

The old model is GY-HD100U
The model with the firmware upade is GY-HD100IUa

However, you can ask them on the phone at B&H and they will tell you. A JVC authorized dealer will know what they have -- and all the ones I've called had the "a" version.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker
B&H has 100 HD100s in stock. I am guessing that they are the "a" model.

The old model is GY-HD100U
The model with the firmware upade is GY-HD100IUa

However, you can ask them on the phone at B&H and they will tell you. A JVC authorized dealer will know what they have -- and all the ones I've called had the "a" version.
Jack, I doubt any major dealer like BH is selling the old models. They most likely carry the HD100U(A) versions. However, if you wanna make sure, order from Abelcinetech. That's where I got mine. They're very competitive, so you have room to negotiate a deal-at least have them match the BH price.
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #4
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaadgy Akanni
Jack, I doubt any major dealer like BH is selling the old models. They most likely carry the HD100U(A) versions. However, if you wanna make sure, order from Abelcinetech. That's where I got mine. They're very competitive, so you have room to negotiate a deal-at least have them match the BH price.
Jack,

All authorized JVC Pro dealers should have A models. We swapped all dealer inventory out in March.

Regards, Carl
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
Hey guys, I am ordering 2 gyhd100's this week for my company, i'm pretty excited about that. I had a quick question though, bh has the U models, however, i saw on jvc's site that there is a A model out. Any one know where we can order the A's from, cause i would really have that version come in rather than the older U. ...

Thanks
Check out Tape Works Texas, they are a very popular vendor on this forum and their customer service has been rated very high by the members hear.
http://tapeworkstexas.com/
Gary Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems