Anyone had this Problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #16
Major Player

(since this was asked)
The stock batteries give a warning of low voltage.
I bought an extra so I could use the camera before my ABs show up.
I have had them go dead while shooting, no problems.
Turned off cam, replaced battery, turned back on and go-->>>>
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #17
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowther
No the camera didn't die from low battery everything seemed normal in the first 8 mins I was shooting lots of short takes stopping and starting every min or so. The IDX battery got low and I turned the camera off and changed it after that time the camera worked flawlessly. When I got home there was nothing on the tape for the first 8 mins and the timecode also started at 2:08:00:00 as At the start of the tape I set the timecode to 2 hours and recorded 30 secs of bars and tone. I feel that the camera thought it was recording and continued to count timecode and it wasn't until I reset the camera by turning it off and changing the battery that it actually started working correctly. This camera has had the A upgrade and only has 45 hours on it. I only use the JVC HD Pro tapes. I have 2 of these cameras but I can never trust this camera until I know for sure what happened.
So I really appreciate this input Thanks
Richard
Richard, I'm sure our techs would be happy to take a look at it to get to the bottom of the issue. Please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-582-5825 to make arrangements. Also, if you will e-mail me you contact info, I will forward it to our West Coast Sales Engineer who can also assist. In the e-mail, give me your daytime phone #, e-mail address, and the name and location of the dealee you purchased the unit from.

Regards, Carl

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems