upconverting 720p to 1920x1080 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 1st, 2006, 01:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

upconverting 720p to 1920x1080

I am working on a music video that was shot 95% on 35mm and transferred to D5 (1920x1080), but we had to pick up a day and for budget reasons we shot on the JVC. So now I want to get this 720p video upconverted cleanly to 1080p.

I have imported this into FCP with HDVxDV at the 720p AIC codec. Where would I perform the upconvert (FCP quicktime, HDVxDV, or something else). The problem is that I will be onlining to D5 and I need a way of bringing this footage to the online session.

The wrinkle here is that the camera had a dead pixel so I have to clean it up the the DH- reincarnation filter at home instead of wasting time (money) in the online room. I am thinking it may be best to bring it in already corrected on a hard drive as I have no way of exporting to an HD deck at my home.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Mike Testin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems