IDX versus AB - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 18th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #16
Capt. Quirk

Thanks Daniel, now I know what to call it. Is there just the one type of D tap, or are there several? If there are, I'm guaranteed to pick the wrong one!
Old July 19th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton

I also have that http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/hd100.htm battery for my IDX and agree, it's better than the IDX supplied ES-7's. And you get that second D-Tap connector on the battey itself.
Ok so the IDX es7 has the d-tap?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #18
Major Player

The es-7 battery itself does not, the IDX kit that came with the JVC/IDX combo has a D-Tap on the actual adapter that attaches to the camera, the es-7 then mounts to the adapter.

You end up with a second D-Tap on the after market battery that batteries4broadcast.com sells on the V-Mount style batteries. You can see it very well here:
http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/batt_type.htm
It's the battery in the middle (you can see the V mount configuration compared to the Gold Mount Style battery next to it on the left, typical to Anton Baur). The D-Tap connector is the dual plug black with gold female receptacles near the bottom of the battery.

I'm not claiming that you can run both D-Taps at the same time, my "guess" is that it depends on the load and of course the obvious effect the battery life. Better to ask around and get an experienced opinion on batteries / load first.

Hope this helps.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
is the power out plug for running things like firestore, on camera lightis? Does AB have that feature?
Yes it is the same power out as the mount has.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems