BR-HD50 deck stopped outputting video! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

BR-HD50 deck stopped outputting video!

Anybody experience something like this and have a suggestion?

Working on only our 2nd project with this system and half-way through logging/digitizing we lost video output out of the JVC BR-HD50 deck.

- FCP 5.1, G5 Quad
- Kona LHe w/2.0 drivers/control panel
- Analog out of deck connected to analog in on the Kona
- HD100 JVC 720/30p footage, using the Kona LHe to downconvert on the
fly to a 8-bit SD uncompressed FCP project.

Was working fine then we lost video. At first thought it was the kona, fed SD beta sp in to Kona analog ins and no problem. Kona control panel does not indicate any video/format coming in with a tape playing with the HD50.
Hooked up the camera/HD100 analog outs and no problems, all works as it should. No problems with the Kona with HD or SD coming in.

With the HD50 on capture all screens go black with some flickering of green. Hooked up the composite out of the deck to a monitor and while you can kind of see the display and/or menu it is flickering like a bad horizontal adjustment.

Tried a SD DVCAM/DV tape in the deck and still no luck.

Called JVC Pro-Support and the tech said it indeed sounded like the deck and to remove power for 30-45 minutes to reset. Which we are waiting on now. If that doesn't work he said to contact my dealer.

Very frustrating!
Craig Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 09:17 PM   #2
JVC America

Support options

Hi Craig,

I don't have a specific answer for you, but here is some general support info that might be helpful:

JVC is anxious to help any customer with their technical issues. In order to help, we often need to talk to you by phone. Since you may do your work out in the field, (as do I and my colleagues) and do not keep regular office hours, it is often challenging to get you in touch with the right people who can help you with a solution. Please keep these points in mind that will help facilitate help for your issue:

1. Contacting your reseller for support should be your first step. Often, the reseller can provide an answer, or can contact their JVC Pro Rep who can then assist you directly, or put you in touch with the Regional Sales Engineer for your area.

2. The Pro Customer Care Center Tech support phone number is 1-800-582-5825. This line is manned from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time. For those of you in other time zones please do the appropriate conversion. And yes, some times it might not be answered as quickly during a heavy call period, or during lunchtime. Overall, our phone log tracking system shows that most calls are answered in just a few minutes.

3. If your issue is not resolved with the above call, then send me a private e-mail from this forum, with your full name, address, daytime phone number and times that you can be called, e-mail address, description of problem, and serial number. I will route your info to someone in support or engineering that can contact you to assist.

The key point here is that if you have an issue, please take the steps needed to get your reseller and possibly JVC involved in finding a solution. Sometimes, it's necessary to take a step beyond just posting the problem on a forum.

Regards, Carl

P.S. The above phone number and e-mail instructions apply only to U.S. customers.
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems